2/3" XDCAM HD Camera? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Area 51
We can neither confirm nor deny its existence.

Old January 29th, 2007, 06:21 PM   #1
Regular Crew

2/3" XDCAM HD Camera?

Is there any word on a 2/3" XDCam HD camera release date? The 350 is great but I would love to use existing camera accessories, lens etc that I already own.

David Wright
www.lunaseafilms.com
David C Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2007, 09:39 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by David C Wright
Is there any word on a 2/3" XDCam HD camera release date? The 350 is great but I would love to use existing camera accessories, lens etc that I already own.

David Wright
www.lunaseafilms.com
I've heard from my Sony rep here its still about a yr or so away,, and he said expect a price close to the sony 900.
Ryan Hollings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2007, 02:35 AM   #3
Inner Circle

My guess is we'll see one soon, maybe this year. I don't know and have no inside information other than Sony are working on it. My guess is it will cost around twice as much as the current cameras. Also your going to need 2/3" HD lenses which are also much more expensive. I would expect picture quality comparable to 750 HDCAM, so not really that much better than the current 1/2" XDCAM's.
Old February 4th, 2007, 09:46 AM   #4
Regular Crew

The new 2/3" xdcam will be introduced at NAB this spring and it will be 50mbs VBR, 4:2:2
Dave Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2007, 01:17 PM   #5
Major Player

That is good news! I've always thought the 1/2" XD stuff looked pretty good, now I can't imagine the same codec with 1.5 times the bitrate, less noise, more dynamic range AND less to compress due to the larger chip and consequent shallower D.O.F. Oh, and more lens choices!
Jaron Berman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2007, 10:59 PM   #6
Regular Crew

will it be CMOS or CCD?
what i've seen from V1's CMOS has way more lattitude than Z1's CCD...

What will it be called? F600? or...
:)
Hornady Setiawan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51