FX7 being phased out? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51

Area 51
We can neither confirm nor deny its existence.

Old July 27th, 2007, 01:08 PM   #1
Regular Crew

FX7 being phased out?

Does anyone know if Sony is stopping production of the HDR-FX7? If so, what is replacing it? It doesn't show up normally under camcorder products in either the Sony Style or the Sony Professional sites. You have to search the Sony Style site to find any information on it. But everyone still seems to have it in stock.
Robert Petersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2007, 01:22 PM   #2
Wrangler

Not sure what you mean, I see it listed within 3 clicks of the SonyStyle homepage.

SonyStyle > Cameras & Camcorders > Handycam Camcorders > View High Definition Camcorders

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...ategoryId=3556

It's the 6th one on the page, right under the FX1. And reports of the FX1's demise were quite premature as well...

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=89770

It has never been on the Sony Professional website since it comes from their consumer division. The Z1 and V1 are the pro versions of the FX1 and FX7.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2007, 05:26 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I just noted that when I went on the Sony Style site, and clicked on camcorders, it simply showed all of the small consumer camcorders; the FX7 was missing from the list. That is when I did a search of the site and found it.
Thanks for the update.
Robert Petersen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51