HDD Blade ninja recommendation please at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Atomos Ninja / Samurai / Shogun

Atomos Ninja / Samurai / Shogun
HD-SDI field recorders supporting a variety of codecs.

Old March 27th, 2014, 04:51 AM   #1
Regular Crew

HDD Blade ninja recommendation please

Hallo
a recommendation to the HDD if possible..HDD some atoms occurring on the site, no longer find in store.ssd yet for me it's too expensive,so we have to find a 500 GB HDD to be tested on ninja, if someone successfully uses HDD on ninja blade.I ordered an apple hdmi cable 1.8m..I prefer a shorter cable.I though that a wedding shooting HDD goes, someone has a negative experience about shooting the HDD to an event..if someone can post a few minutes of shooting RAW ninja blade .. or ninja2 and C100 avchd. try editing in adobe and see how it goes.

Thanks
Docea Marius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2014, 09:13 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: HDD Blade ninja recommendation please

SSD's are best if the camera will be moving around where the drive will be subjected to gyroscopic motion. With a spinning mechanical drive you may end up with broken files, freezes and other artifacts. They're fine for shooting stationary events off a tripod.

My 480gb SanDisk Extreme II SSD cost me $289 from TigerDirect.com. It was rated best on the Atomos site. There are any number of re-sellers offering it today for under $300. That gets me five hours at the highest ProRes setting.

Remember also SSD's run way cooler than spinning drives and that heat will build up over time and could also cause issues.

Food for thought.

BTW: Even running the SSD there is quite a bit of heat coming off that sealed box. Atomos has provided no airflow in these units whatsoever. That's why I'm creating a Cage for my Samurai to help dissipate the heat as well as get me some protection, stable video connectors, balanced audio inputs etc. That article is posted here on this site if you're interested.
Old March 27th, 2014, 11:46 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: HDD Blade ninja recommendation please

Thanks George..I tried to search the company's website mentioned by you, but unfortunately does not work.I buz from Amazon 297 usd
Docea Marius is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Atomos Ninja / Samurai / Shogun