Simple Ninja 2 question - Can you help please? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Atomos Ninja / Samurai / Shogun
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Atomos Ninja / Samurai / Shogun
HD-SDI field recorders supporting a variety of codecs.

Old June 9th, 2015, 09:37 PM   #1
Major Player

Simple Ninja 2 question - Can you help please?

Hello,

I am considering a Ninja 2 mostly for back-up, but here is my question:

1) Let's say I use a video camera to shoot 4:2:2 10 bit 50mb/s XAVC from a Sony X70, and save all my day's shots to SD card in camera.

2) At night, I'd like to back up my video camera's SD cards.

3) How would I (and can I) do that with the Ninja 2 ?

4) Would I need to "play" all the day's shots taken on the video camera and capture from the HDMI?

5) If I needed to do that, can I assume the quality would still be 4:2:2 10 bit 50mb/sec quality, or would it be less?

I know it's a dumb question, but I wasn't able to find a suitable answer before jumping the gun for a Ninja. What I'm looking for is a way to back up files from my Sony PXW X70 in HD. Thanks for your help.
Old June 10th, 2015, 08:33 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Simple Ninja 2 question - Can you help please?

In a data based world, backing up files is a matter of just copying media from one form of drive/card to another drive/card.

If you are recording to SD card, just use Shotput Pro or another backup program to make your backups from a laptop onto hard drives. I recommend a program because it'll have advantages like Checksums on the copy.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Atomos Ninja / Samurai / Shogun