CX7 and LANC controller - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

AVCHD Format Discussion
Inexpensive High Definition H.264 encoding to DVD, Hard Disc or SD Card.

Old December 15th, 2008, 06:27 AM   #31
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Taylor View Post
I made a mistake on the price of the Lanc Adapter cable from Studio 1 Productions, it is $59.00

Rob
It's now selling for $49.99, if this is what you are referring to: Sony LANC Adapter Cable - LANC 10 pin Adapter Cable 2.5 mm to D connector with Video and Audio - LANC-SA
Hassan Khawaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2009, 03:04 PM   #32
Tourist

10 pin layout

Hi guys. I have been following this thread and may have some info that may be helpful?

I too have also been searching for the elusive LANC adaptor. I managed to source a supplier in China. I am fortunate as the company I work for has a factory based in Guangzhou, China. I have managed to get it $10 USD cheaper than $49 USD.
This is the company that I purchased it from: -

Zowietek Electronics, Ltd. - $35 just for the cable + shipping

I have a full schematic and there is a wiriing diagram for the Sony 10 pin AV/R cable connection. This is for the Sony DCR HC42E, but I would assume (dangerous) that this is a standard part for all sony camcorders.......i might be wrong??
Not sure how to add a pic yet. Will add asap
Simon Cowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2009, 08:09 PM   #33
Inner Circle

Simon -
Highly probable that the 10 pin is common among most of the Sony line. I know the HC1 didn't have the LANC pins, but everything since that model seems to have it. I've got schematics as well if you want to cross check against current "D" jack,

It'll be interesting to see what the Chinese adapter REALLY ends up costing, since you can source the Chinese copy of the Sony A/V cable for a couple bucks (like $3, and less than $10 on eBay) - of course the Chinese version of the A/V cable is a little "off"... but usable.

IF they got the LANC adapter cable right, it shouldn't cost more than $10 in quantity, in all honesty. That's one of the reasons I never bothered with developing it further. I've built a couple adapters for my own use, and will probably hack a couple of older LANC controllers I use for permanent use with the "D" jack, since the 2.5mm is gone forever by the looks of things.

Anymore by the time you do the engineering, someone in a Chinese factory is knocking it off... often with mixed functional results, but that's another story.
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion