SR11/12 LANC - no dedicated connector! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

AVCHD Format Discussion
Inexpensive High Definition H.264 encoding to DVD, Hard Disc or SD Card.

Old May 16th, 2008, 04:07 AM   #1
Regular Crew

SR11/12 LANC - no dedicated connector!

Hi,

Just bought the SR12 and found out that the Lanc is on the D-shaped AV connector. Sony did not bother to put there a standard Lanc 2,5mm jack!!!

I have a nice (SONY!) tripod with a Lanc control handle, that for obvious reasons is now unusable!!!

My questions are:

1. Does an adapter cable (yet) exist? If so, please let us all know.
2. I could salvage an AV cable and make my own adapter, but does anyone have the pinout for the 10-pin AV connector?

I am not willing to spend on the Sony RM-AV2 flimsy clip-on adapter that is available for this cam... I already have an excellent Lanc controller - I should be able to use it with my new Lanc enabled cam! Sony - shame on you!

Any help is very much appreciated. I cannot be alone with this problem, so there MUST be a big demand for a good solution!

Christian
Old May 16th, 2008, 04:27 AM   #2
Inner Circle

If you do a quick search around the forums here you can find a good bit of discussion regarding this issue.

This will get you started:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...lanc+connector
Old May 16th, 2008, 04:50 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thx, Chris. However, it did not become clear (even reading the links), if such an adapter exists commercially?! Or if someone knows if such is going to be available?

Christian
Old May 16th, 2008, 06:07 AM   #4
Inner Circle

No adapter exists. You will have to make your own of have a local tech make one for you.
Old May 17th, 2008, 12:23 AM   #5
Inner Circle

I've got all the details and have built the adapter myself, there's a couple tricks, but I'm trying to get detailed plans posted for the DIY'er... Just had a bazillion other projects taking up my time!!
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2008, 02:19 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Blackhurst View Post
I've got all the details and have built the adapter myself, there's a couple tricks, but I'm trying to get detailed plans posted for the DIY'er... Just had a bazillion other projects taking up my time!!
Dave - Great!

It would be fantastic if you would share such things as the connector pinout, and from where you got a spare mating connector? Can an AV cable be salvaged, and does it have all required pins installed?

Still I cannot understand why Sony did this (just to sell more accessories or what?), and why there is no ready built adapter available? Will there ever be?

Anyhow, appreciate ALL your input here :)

Christian

PS: Just noticed that Sony does not provide 64 bit OS support. Tried to install the Motion Picture Browser on my XP x64 system with no luck :(
Old May 19th, 2008, 07:55 AM   #7
Inner Circle

No doubt 64bit support will come with Vegas 64 bit version later in the year.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion