Mac Log and Transfer camera flash artifact at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

AVCHD Format Discussion
Inexpensive High Definition H.264 encoding to DVD, Hard Disc or SD Card.

Old May 24th, 2008, 03:28 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Mac Log and Transfer camera flash artifact

Shot footage of models doing the catwalk thing at night (don't ask!) using the Canon HF 100. I was between two still photogs whose camera flashes kept going off.

I have a Panasonic consumer HDTV which has a slot for SDHC chips. Simply plugging the chip in gives a great, if somewhat dark image of the models strutting their stuff. The flashes tend to expose either the top or bottom of the ladies but in a natural, progressive way, as you'd expect.

Interesting, when I log and transfer using Final Cut Pro (or iMovie) using EITHER ProRes 422 or AIC I get a weird, utterly artificial horizontal line of demarcation of light above or below; Bright above, dark below, or the reverse; separated by an utterly sharp line. It's usable, if weird.

Using all the most recent stuff, including a spanking new dual quadcore with 8 gigs of RAM.
Jim Babcock is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion