No file transfer on battery power? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

AVCHD Format Discussion
Inexpensive High Definition H.264 encoding to DVD, Hard Disc or SD Card.

Old July 3rd, 2008, 06:53 PM   #1
Trustee

No file transfer on battery power?

Just got HF10, did some test shots, wanted to transfer to my laptop, that thing tells me plug in power adapter; is there really no file transfer on battery power, or this is just a "user problem",
thanks guys!
Buba Kastorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2008, 05:47 AM   #2
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buba Kastorski View Post
Just got HF10, did some test shots, wanted to transfer to my laptop, that thing tells me plug in power adapter; is there really no file transfer on battery power, or this is just a "user problem",
thanks guys!
Yes,no file transfer on battery power,but you can copy from internal memory to sdhc card on battery power and use card reader than ,much faster.
Thats why I shoot straight to 16gb SDHC card and leave internal 16GB as a reserve.
Sinisa Jovanovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2008, 02:06 PM   #3
Trustee

Wow , how couldn't I get to this on my own, perfect,
but I have an excuse, I just got my HF10 and didn't get any SDHC yet, which one should I buy to be ok for XP (17 mb/s) mode. I believe class 6 is too slow, x133 is also only up to 13,5, then what specs should be on the card,
Many many thanks!
Buba Kastorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2008, 11:01 PM   #4
Major Player

class 6 is fine, in fact I have seen class 4 kingston work.

I am using class 6 kingston and sandisc extreme both work flawlessly on highest settings
Old July 5th, 2008, 03:13 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinisa Jovanovic View Post
Yes,no file transfer on battery power,but you can copy from internal memory to sdhc card on battery power and use card reader than ,much faster.
Thats why I shoot straight to 16gb SDHC card and leave internal 16GB as a reserve.
I have the same on my HG10 (hard drive based). I was pretty surprised that it needed to be plugged into the AC adapter. I'm even more surprised that they haven't fixed this on the flash-based camcorders. Still, the card reader approach is a good one.
David Sayed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2008, 04:22 PM   #6
New Boot

I wonder if that's just a safety precaution to make sure the battery doesn't die in the middle of a read/write, resulting in the flash becoming corrupted. Many gadgets, like the Sony PSP, require the unit to be plugged in during a firmware upgrade as a precaution.
Robert Loncaric is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion