sony sr11 users at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

AVCHD Format Discussion
Inexpensive High Definition H.264 encoding to DVD, Hard Disc or SD Card.

Old November 16th, 2008, 01:37 AM   #1
Tourist

sony sr11 users

Hallo everyone
I'm new to the list and new to avchd format. I just recieved my sony sr11 and installed the utility programs that came with it. While trying to wiew shots with the viewer for avchd suplied I found that the viewr is set to look for files only in the E: drive ( my dvd disc drive). Although the manual shows how to change the drive -the drop down window has only one choice- the E: drive. can anyone hekp me with that?
thaks
Aharon
Aharon Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2008, 10:05 AM   #2
Inner Circle

The viewer is for AVCHD discs burned on a DVD of some form and played on the pc's DVD drive. If you want to look at the clips you have taken and transfered to the PC by the Sony Browser software do not use the viewer go to the Sony Motion Browser and either in calender or directory view, choose the clip you want to see and double click. It will open in a preview screen and will play. You can assemble videos from your clips and burn to a SD DVD or a AVCHD disc if you want. This is the way I suggest you also back up your files to disc too. I keep two copies on two different hard drives ( using Windows copy from the Pictures folder) and using Motion Browser software to make a AVCHD disc.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2008, 11:46 PM   #3
Tourist

sony sr11 users

Thank Ron
but the MPB allows you to look at one clip at a time
Is there an option that I missed to look at some clips in a sequence?
Thanks again
Aharon
Aharon Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2008, 11:12 PM   #4
Major Player

use the slide show, it plays all the clips in that folder one after another. :)
Erik Phairas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2008, 08:08 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Phairas View Post
use the slide show, it plays all the clips in that folder one after another. :)
You replied before me Erik. The slide show will however pause for a second between each of the selected clips but will let you see all the clips you may want to join together in a DVD. If you need anything fancing in editing then you will need to go to another program.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion