AVCHD/AVC H.264 Editing - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

AVCHD Format Discussion
Inexpensive High Definition H.264 encoding to DVD, Hard Disc or SD Card.

Old February 19th, 2009, 02:27 PM   #46
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Stephen McDonald View Post
I recently bought the whole ensemble (about a dozen) of AVS video programs, for only $59.(U.S.). Its video editor will accept AVCHD as source material, as well as many other HD formats.
Interestingly, I have this package, and although the AVS video converter will not recognize my avchd m2ts files, the avs video editor does. It does not allow for multiple video tracks, but does allow for video overlays. It also outputs to a wide variety of formats mpeg4, h.264 avi, hd720, hd1080i, mov, and m4v for ipod.

Thanks for turning me onto this.
Old February 28th, 2009, 12:51 PM   #47
New Boot

neo avi -

[QUOTE=Jon McGuffin;1012717]Well, Neo has nothing to do with the burn process and as for bluray authoring, unfortunately you'll have to wait until the next version of Sony before you can get advanced authoring of menu's. So I suppose that could be a hickup point for you.

Jon -

I just converted 13 gig +or- of avchd clips with Neo Scene. They still wont play without chop on XP and won't play as anything but audio on Vista Home Prem 32 bit. I know I need a faster processor but what cause the audio only play on Vista do you suppose? By the way I have tried downloading various codec programs to no avail ???

Jim
Jim Bigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2009, 04:30 PM   #48
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Donnell View Post
Jim - he may be refering to the Western Digital media player (about $100), which I also recently purchased. It takes JPEGs or video from external hard drives or thumb drives, via a USB input, and plays them out to a HD TV via a HDMI port. So far, I've only used it to play JPEGs from a thumb drive, but the quality is excellent. It also comes with its own remote control, which is great for giving high-quality slide shows. It "reads" a number of different video formats, but I haven't yet had time to experiment with the video side.
I have a Sony CX12 and Corel Pro X2 for AVCHD editing. The Western Digital player has been able to play either unedited CX12 footage or CX12 files edited with Corel Pro X2. I bought the player about a month ago - there might have been a firmware update in late 2008 that supported these formats, but I can play them now.
Tom Gull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2009, 04:32 PM   #49
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Davies-Rollinson View Post
The Western Digital media player is brilliant! I use it to show all my SD / HD video files in various formats. I'm not even thinking of BluRay at the moment...
I agree re BluRay or DVD production. I haven't burned any disks since I got a PS3 which could play back HD video files and just about everything else. And I bought the WD player to provide the same capability on a second TV at a much cheaper price. My media storage is now all USB drives - one for each player and a third one at work as an additional backup.
Tom Gull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2009, 05:28 PM   #50
New Boot

Pro x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Gull View Post
I have a Sony CX12 and Corel Pro X2 for AVCHD editing. The Western Digital player has been able to play either unedited CX12 footage or CX12 files edited with Corel Pro X2. I bought the player about a month ago - there might have been a firmware update in late 2008 that supported these formats, but I can play them now.
Tom, did you edit several clips and then save project as what in the "share step?" With SD I used to create individual mpeg files from groupings of edited clips. I later imported these to share with menus. Is it the individual edited video files you are putting on usb drives?
Jim
Jim Bigg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion