Transcode Issue at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion

AVCHD Format Discussion
Inexpensive High Definition H.264 encoding to DVD, Hard Disc or SD Card.

Old May 14th, 2009, 09:40 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Transcode Issue

I'm having trouble transcoding one particular file. Shot at PH mode 1080 30p on the HMC150. Using FCP to transcode to ProRes. I can transcode the file before and the file after. It gets half way through and stops. I can play the partial clip it had trandcoded and it looks fine. I can play the entire clip in the preview window, but will not transcode the whole clip.

This is a long clip, roughly 1 hour in length. (Wedding videographer). I have another file of the same approx length from a different HMC150 and it transcoded perfectly.

I have tried the entire clip. . .nothing. I have set an end point and out point with a few seconds in on each. . .nothing. I have split the clip in half. . .nothing. It will transcode the first 26 min fine. After that it will only do about a minute of the same piece of the clip.

Suggestions?
Brian Mercer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion