FCP warning at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion

AVCHD Format Discussion
Inexpensive High Definition H.264 encoding to DVD, Hard Disc or SD Card.

Old July 21st, 2010, 05:28 PM   #1
New Boot

FCP warning

Hi. FCP refuses to encode about one in ten of my clips with the following warning.

" (folder name) contains unsupported media or has an invalid directory structure. Please choose a folder whose directory structure matches supported media."

I am dubbing over everything quite properly including all sub files etc. Is this happening to anyone else? Is there a work around?

Thanks

MD
Mark Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2010, 05:12 PM   #2
Trustee

You seem to be having extraordinary problems.

I've been using FCP with AVCHD for quite a while - some where in the region of 200-300 hours of footage imported so far - and only have this problem ONCE on a card that really was corrupted through user error.

So, yes there could be problems - but you need to look at your workflow and see if there could be anything else contributing to the problem.
Old August 11th, 2010, 07:27 AM   #3
New Boot

Thanks for the answer Dave ... I completely missed the post. Things smoothed out. Still happens occasionally but bought Toast as a backup solution as it can take the .mts files directly when FCP won't. It produces good pro res files without any fuss. Having a lot of trouble using its other conversion formats though - AVCHD to DVPRO for example. The conversions are always distorted or banded. I've just posted another thread on it. Thanks again
Mark Davis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion