AVCCAM viewer? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion

AVCHD Format Discussion
Inexpensive High Definition H.264 encoding to DVD, Hard Disc or SD Card.

Old December 10th, 2010, 05:09 AM   #1
New Boot

AVCCAM viewer?

Is anyone using AVCCAM VIEWER program or similar?
I bought a hmc 154 as a grey import so i cant register it with the panasonic(PASS) site so i cant get it for free. Anyone else have this problem and how did you get around it? or any other programs that work just as good.
Thanks
Stu Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2010, 04:17 PM   #2
Trustee

Try this:
Free Splash Lite - Next Generation Player homepage
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2010, 11:04 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Since you've given us nothing to go on (e.g., what operating system you're using--Windows, Mac, ... Linux?), the only sure-thing answer that springs to mind is VLC Media Player (VideoLAN - VLC media player - Open Source Multimedia Framework and Player), which runs on just about everything and plays just about everything (albeit with a few quirks).

If you're running Windows 7, you've already got everything you need to play .mts/.m2ts files. Just open them with Windows Media Player.

Splash Lite, what Paulo suggested, looks like another promising option for a Windows user. I'll have to check that one out.

Best,
Aaron
Old December 11th, 2010, 01:18 AM   #4
New Boot

Sorry. Yes i did leave out crucial information. I am running windows 7. I use VLC now to view back clips. I was under the impression that avccam viewer was some form of program used for accessing and deleting unwanted clips. As it stands i usually just save and archive a whole shoot worth of footage still intact in its PRIVATE folder, unwanted shots and all. I know i can go throug all the .mts and delete the clips i dont want butthat will still leave all the other info and files associated with that clip within the PRIVATE folder.
So basically what im getting at is im searching for something that lets you view your clips in like a file directory and when you highlight and delete an unwanted clip.everything else associated with it goes too.
Know of anything or am i dreaming?
thanks for the help
Old December 11th, 2010, 03:06 AM   #5
New Boot

Sorry. Yes i did leave out crucial information. I am running windows 7. I use VLC now to view back clips. I was under the impression that avccam viewer was some form of program used for accessing and deleting unwanted clips. As it stands i usually just save and archive a whole shoot worth of footage still intact in its PRIVATE folder, unwanted shots and all. I know i can go throug all the .mts and delete the clips i dont want butthat will still leave all the other info and files associated with that clip within the PRIVATE folder.
So basically what im getting at is im searching for something that lets you view your clips in like a file directory and when you highlight and delete an unwanted clip.everything else associated with it goes too.
Know of anything or am i dreaming?
thanks for the help
Old February 19th, 2011, 11:47 AM   #6
Regular Crew

We have an HMC-155 'grey' version of the HMC-150, and we registered it on the PASS site very easily. However, you need not be registered to download the latest version of AVCCAM Viewer. That can be done here...

Panasonic Professional Video Software Downloads

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion