DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Avid Editing Family (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/avid-editing-family/)
-   -   Avid / Pinnacle discussions from 2004 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/avid-editing-family/12269-avid-pinnacle-discussions-2004-a.html)

Nick Underwood July 22nd, 2004 12:12 PM

Blur effect with Liquid edition

Hi guys....

Has anyone found out a way of either producing or adding a blur filter to make the edge of the screen/picture blurred, but as you move towards the center of the screen, there is no blur.....?

Sorry....that sounds rubbish when I read it back, but it's quite tricky to explain...!

I'm after a look that is like looking down a "telescope" or tube, so that the edges are blurred in a circular"template" around the edge of the screen, but the center of the screen is not blurred....

I've played with the blur effect, but can only work out how to do "square" looking blur patterns, and not the edge of the picture, but the whole lot.......

I guess the closest analagy I can think of is when wedding photographers take pictures with "grease" on the outside rim of the lens, it produces exactly the effect I'm after.....

Any ideas?!!

Thanks

George Ellis July 22nd, 2004 03:51 PM

Try this:

Copy your clip and paste it above itself. Apply the Blur CPU in Realtime Clip FX to the bottom clip. Now apply the MultiShape Crop GPU from the same folder to the top clip. Change the size to suit and in Shape, change the Sides to 40.

You can keyframe or turn them off. You can use the edge softness in the multishape crop to blend it with how much blur you use in the blur fx.

Nick Underwood July 24th, 2004 02:51 AM

Thanks George...just the job !

Lukah Sighs July 29th, 2004 10:02 AM

avid xpress guide

hi, does anyone know where i can download a guide for avid xpress?

thanx.

lukah

Murad Toor July 31st, 2004 11:27 AM

<<<-- Originally posted by Bob England :

They didn't get as much play in the press as Apple did, but at NAB Avid also announced support for DVCPRO HD. -->>>

That's the difference between announcing support and actually delivering it.

The Avid link in the first post makes it seem like they're shipping an HDV solution right now, but a click or two into the site reveals it's an asterisk "*Planned for future release."

Nick Underwood August 3rd, 2004 07:35 AM

Exclamation marks

ummm....

I think I've messed up !

I deleted most of the elements of a project to start another one, but now have red bars and exclamation marks everywhere in my racks for sound files and title decko's etc.....!

On the timeline, it plays nothing apart from the big "!"
If I right click and "Open with titledecko".....the title opens fine, but is not recoginised on the timeline.....

Can anyone suggest anything?

Cheers

Rob Lohman August 3rd, 2004 08:21 AM

Premiere? What version?

See this thread on project files

Not saved any older versions I presume?

Nick Underwood August 3rd, 2004 09:23 AM

oops...!

Sorry.....! I'm using Liquid Edition.

Rob Lohman August 3rd, 2004 09:33 AM

No problem. I've changed the thread's title for you to indicate
this to hopefully attract a few more people. Not a lot of people
here are using LE to the best of my knowledge.

John Wilcox August 3rd, 2004 01:15 PM

Nick,

Have you tried Using the Project Clean up function of LE. Don't know if it will solve your problem but its worth a try.

You access Clean up through the Trashcan icon on the LE desktop.

Good Luck

Dan Max August 4th, 2004 02:47 AM

avid to dvd problem

Hello all,

I use Avid xpress pro 4.3 , I like editing with it but I can’t find a way to exporting it to DVD. I’ve tried to use QT ref. sending it to Sonic dvdit or Tempgen (for the Authoring I prefer DVD lab) but the result was unacceptable. Even if I try to see the QT ref. through a QT browser it looks bad. Exporting to Qt regular file did not help ether (and cost a lot of space).

What could be the problem? What would you suggest?

For now I copy the sequence to a dv camera (I do it any way for backup) then recapture it with Sonic mydvd that makes an mpeg out of it, then author it with dvd-lab and burn it with it – It works but there must be a better way.

Thanks.

David Kennett August 4th, 2004 07:42 AM

Try TMPGEnc (Google it). A trial is available - and it's inexpensive. Very high quality MPG encoder.

Richard Alvarez August 4th, 2004 08:55 AM

Did you not get a copy of Sorenson Squeeze? I assume you have the student version of Avid? Sorenson is a great compressor, and highly reccomended by Avid.

Dan Max August 4th, 2004 12:40 PM

Well as, I’ve wrote, I have tried Tempgen and it didn't get a good result in this case. I think that the problem begin with Avid and it's QT reference file - as I've mentioned, viewing it even wit QT 6 browser gives poor result.

Have you experienced Tempgen or Sorenson squeeze with Avid (exporting as QT ref)?

Dan.

Dan Max August 8th, 2004 09:57 AM

I have installed Sorenson and the result seems to be good (much better then any test I have made before with other programs). Still I have to complete the test by burning it to dvd and test on TV.

However installing the Sorenson invoke an error in my win xp file explorer – the explorer crash each time I select a file (any file) with an MPG extension (Uninstalling Sorenson fix the problem).

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Dan.