How to edit 2 camera wedding in AVID Express Pro 5.1.3? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Avid Editing Family
All flavors of Media Composer, Symphony and more.

Old November 25th, 2008, 09:05 AM   #1
New Boot

How to edit 2 camera wedding in AVID Express Pro 5.1.3?

I loaded two camera angles with audio into Avid Xpress Pro 5.1.3. I would like to edit using multicam mode. Is there an easy way to edit just by manually lining up the audio layers on top of each other? Will that method work with the multi cam mode so I can do a "live edit" and switch from camera to camera as I watch the video?

And lastly, if 2 angles are in a group clip, how do you switch from camera angle to camera angle? Is there a hot key or button or something?

Thanks for the help, friends!
Paul Arndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2008, 03:21 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Pip

Aloha
i have used the PIP (picture in a picture) effect and toggle back and forth to review.
set clips with a locator and in overwrite mode gotten it down to one video track.
there is plenty of tails for disolves and such.
you can do the same with the audio.
i am sure there is a better way.
tito
Tito Haggardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2008, 04:53 PM   #3
Trustee

I don't know if 5.1.3 has multicam (I have 5.8.4), but if it does, this is what you do.

Load a clip into the source monitor. Mark an obvious in point. A camera flash is a good choice.

Open your second camera clip. Find the same in point (camera flash), mark in.

Select the two clips in the bin, and in the bin menu, choose "Group". You will see a new clip that is your multicam clip. Make sure your workspace is Source/Record, and cut the clip into your sequence. Once it's there, in the "Special" menu, you can choose multicamera mode. You should then see your two angles in the source monitor.

Check the manual or help file to find out how to map each angle to a key, but for now, if you click on an angle in the source monitor, you get an automatic cut to the angle in the timeline.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family