N no longer adds keyframe? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Avid Editing Family
All flavors of Media Composer, Symphony and more.

Old May 29th, 2009, 12:31 PM   #1
Major Player

N no longer adds keyframe?

Just upgraded from XDV 3.5 to MC 3.5 and getting used to the changes. Just spent some time trying to rubberband some audio, got the gain automation open, all set to add a keyframe, hit N and get the doink. so I open the tool pallette and there is no purple triangle to add a keyframe. So I hit the help screens, and find that the add keyframe button is supposed to be there, but it's not. I follow the instructons to map the function and add a keyframe, but guess what? that function cannot be mapped to another button. I see in the help file that now " adds a keyframe so I figure, okay, while I have nice multicolored keyboard where N is the keyframe, I will just take one of the cheesy key stickers and put in on the " well guess what? the stickers still have N as the keyframe shortcut.

real PITA.... is there someway to get the purple triangle button in the tool pallette, because I sure haven't found a way.
Bill Mecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2009, 01:57 AM   #2
Trustee

Bill it is true that the "N" key does not add a keyframe by default in MC, but you should be able to map that action to any key you want.

If you go to the project window and double-click on Keyboard, a representation of your current keyboard layout will open.

Then select Command Palatte from the Tools menu. Choose the FX tab. The top button of the second column is Add Keyframe. Make sure that 'Button to Button' Reassignment is selected. Click on the Add Keyframe button on the Command Palatte and drag it to the key you want to assign it to.

Now when adding keyframe while in the Effects Editor, you have to be sure a parameter is selected for the Add Keyframe button to work. Alternatively, you can choose the Add Keyframe button on the Effects Editor.

I'm using 3.1.3 not 3.5, but it should work the same way.

HTH.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family