Problems capturing visuals at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family

Avid Editing Family
All flavors of Media Composer, Symphony and more.

Old July 17th, 2009, 12:40 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Problems capturing visuals

Hey,

I'm in the process of getting back into editing after an absence. I've an avid express pro.

I've been through as many of the settings as i can remember but i'm still having problems. I can capture sound no problem but when i click on button to capture visuals this pops up

exception error: swconifdenceview ::swconfidenceview unable to initalize overlay

Anyone offer any tips of what i'm doing wrong?

p.s does anyone know of any good avid tutorials which i can download and read/watch in my leisure?

Thanks in advance.
A.
Andrew Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2009, 01:46 PM   #2
Regular Crew

It's been a couple of years since I edited in Avid Xpress. This is a long shot, but I know there are many problems created if any window overlaps the video overlay window during playback, so there may be a similar problem during capture. I'd make sure the video window is completely isolated from every other window.
Robert Petersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2009, 03:00 AM   #3
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Carter View Post

p.s does anyone know of any good avid tutorials which i can download and read/watch in my leisure?

Thanks in advance.
A.
I don't have an answer to your capture problems, but here's a link of Avid tutorilas that might prove helpful.

The First 100 Basic MC Tutorials - Completed May 11th, 2009 - Avid Community

HTH.
Old October 1st, 2009, 02:02 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Close Avid.
Right Click on Desktop.
Select Properties.
Click the Settings tab
Click the Advanced button.
Click the Troubleshoot tab.
Drag the slider to Full. (To the right)
Click Ok
Click Ok
Load up Avid.
Grinner Hester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2009, 08:16 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Carter View Post
Hey,

I'm in the process of getting back into editing after an absence. I've an avid express pro.

I've been through as many of the settings as i can remember but i'm still having problems. I can capture sound no problem but when i click on button to capture visuals this pops up

exception error: swconifdenceview ::swconfidenceview unable to initalize overlay

Anyone offer any tips of what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.
A.
Hi Andrew,

Make sure "Enable Confidence View" is checked under Video Display settings. Project>Settings>Video Display (double click)>check Enable Confidence View".
In the same display make sure you have selected your video card as opposed to software preview.

For more info check the Avid Help that's built into the Avid interface under Video Display Settings.

Tips and Tutorials - Avid Community

Knowledge Base

Best of luck,
Jeff
Jeff Cerar is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family