I/O error at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Avid Editing Family
All flavors of Media Composer, Symphony and more.

Old November 4th, 2009, 05:38 AM   #1
Regular Crew

I/O error

Hello,

I have some serious pc problems. I was trimming the sequence in the timeline, and suddenly (probably during an autosave) the program was frozen. These are the error messages I received after a while:

Exception: Disk-IO-Error, filename F:\AvidMediaFiles\MXF\1\msmFMID.pmr

Exception: Sys-Error, status: 1117: The request could not be performed because of an I\O device error

There must be something wrong with my internal F-drive on which all media is to be found. Reading this drive with other software also gives errors.
According to the Device Manager the disk is working properly.
Would you have some advise?

Thanks,

Rob
Rob deJong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2009, 01:18 PM   #2
Trustee

You've tried exiting and rebooting right?

If that doesn't work, it sounds like an Avid database problem, which usually isn't that big a deal. But I would suggest also posting on the Avid's user forum for something like this.

Forums - Avid Community

The solution I'd suggest includes deleting some database files, but I don't feel comfortable getting into the details b/c I might be wrong and don't want to make things worse. No matter what you do, just be sure to make a copy of any files you delete, and you should be okay.
Old November 17th, 2009, 08:13 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks for your recommendations. Now, the F drive died!! So That was the problem. Lost a few days of work, but alive and kicking.
Rob deJong is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family