MC 5 is here! In Stock and it ROCKS!!! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Avid Editing Family
All flavors of Media Composer, Symphony and more.

Old June 19th, 2010, 05:57 AM   #1
Sponsor: Electronic Mailbox

MC 5 is here! In Stock and it ROCKS!!!

We are seeing tremendous success with MC5. Our customers are loving it and the feedback we are getting to the new AMA features and the MXO2 Mini for HD monitoring is amazing!!

I finally finished my daughter's Bat Mitzvah montage and gag video. (Big event is this Saturday 8-)

All edited on MC4. Mostly video, shot over the past 13 years on 8MM, Hi8, DV, HDV and the most recent footage with a Canon 7D DSLR. We're talking over 40 hours worth of footage. Most of it pretty bad ;-). I would not even attempt this on any other NLE. The media management tools in Avid were a godsend for me.

So now we'll be installing MC5. First on our existing DIY 7.7 machine. This summer we'll be doing our DIY8 build. My goal is to keep the cost of the system around 2K including QuadroFX card and Blu-ray burner.

MC5 ROCKS! If you're an ex-Avid editor who switched over to FCP or Adobe over the past few years - Avid wants you back! If you still have your dongle, you can purchase the boxed dowload for under $500 and add in the MXO2 Mini for even less and for under $1,000 total you've got a killer HD editing solution for your tapeless or Firewire based workflows. But you better hurry, upgrade pricing is going to go up over the course of the year. First to $695 on July 11th and then to $895 on October 1st.

Upgrade Pricing (through July 10, 2010) to Media Composer 5.0:
Avid Xpress DV/Xpress Pro/Media Composer Pre V. 4.0 -- $495 Physical Kit ($395 for download only)
Avid Media Composer 4.0 -- $495 Physical Kit ($295 for download only)

Upgrade Pricing -- July 10, 2010 through September 30, 2010:
Avid Xpress DV/Xpress Pro/Media Composer Pre V. 4.0 -- $695 Physical Kit ($595 for download only)
Avid Media Composer 4.0 -- $695 Physical Kit ($495 for download only)

Upgrade Pricing -- October 1, 2010 onward:
Avid Xpress DV/Xpress Pro/Media Composer Pre V. 4.0 -- $895 Physical Kit ($795 for download only)
Avid Media Composer 4.0 -- $695 Physical Kit ($495 for download only)

We've put together some fantastic bundles with MC5 and the MCO2 Mini, G-Tech Storage and Pioneer Blu-ray burners. For full versions and upgrades. check them out

Videoguys Blog - Avid Media Composer 5 is here! In Stock!

Gary
Old June 19th, 2010, 07:24 AM   #2
Trustee

I emailed Videoguys about shipping to Canada and got a quick and friendly response. Ordered MC5 and it got to Montreal in two days.

Great service. Thanks Videoguys!
Old June 19th, 2010, 11:52 AM   #3
Inner Circle

For several years my company has dealt with another large video vendor. This year, sparked by what was going to be our largest video gear upgrade in many years, I decided to give the VideoGuys (TEM) a try. They had some excellent packages.

In short, the service was superb, they worked with us on the packages and pricing, and we could not have been more pleased with them.

Our purchase included Avid MC4/MC5, Red Giant MB Looks, G-Tech 4TB Raids, and the Matrox Mini with Max. Had they stocked some of the other things we needed, our purchase would have been larger.

Very well done guys, and much appreciated. We have some future purchases coming, and some of that business will come to you as well.
Old June 21st, 2010, 07:57 AM   #4
Sponsor: Electronic Mailbox

THANK YOU! I love hearing from happy customers!

I wish we were always perfect, but sometimes orders go bad. We will do everything possible to make it right for our customers. That's been our policy since we started, back over 25 years ago!

Back to the subject at hand. MC5 is really amazing. I know everyone thought Avid was down, and the truth is they have had a rough couple of years. The current management and product teams have made great efforts to talk to users - users at all levels - and find out what they love about Avid, as well as the other NLEs they work with. The result is the most powerful NLE on the market, with the best media management and tapeless workflows in the industry.

I LOVE COMPETITION! It is what keeps driving technology forward and the result is that we get better and better products to use!

If you have ever edited with Avid or you have thought about it DOWNLOAD THE FREE TRIAL. See for yourself what all the hype and buzz are about. Then give us a call or stop by our website and place you order 8-)

Gary

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family