HELP!!!editing 24p on avid express at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Avid Editing Family
All flavors of Media Composer, Symphony and more.

Old May 12th, 2006, 04:00 PM   #1
New Boot

HELP!!!editing 24p on avid express

Hey you guys. I'm in the beginning process of editing my short. We shot it in 24p on the xl2 and will be editing on a MAC with Avid express. THE QUESTION I HAVE IS A TECHINICAL ONE. CAN I EDIT "OFF LINE" STRAIGHT INTO THE COMPUTER OR DO I NEED TO BUMP IT TO A DECK AND TRANSFERS IT TO ANOTHER TAPE. THE ONLY THING ABOUT BUMPING IT TO A DECK IS THAT SOMEONE TOLD ME IT WOULD TRANSFER TO "30 P". WILL I LOSE THE "24 P" LOOK OR IS IT SOMETHING TECHNICAL. OR CAN I JUST EDIT STRAIGHT INTO THE COMPUTER. sorry for sounding stupid, but i'm just trying to understand the process. PLEASE SOME HELP!!
Allen Thok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2006, 04:28 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I've personally used a cheaper mini-dv camera to capture into my mac with FCP. It has never effected the footage. I've shot 24pn. I'm not sure if 24pa would be a problem or not. But I'm led to believe that it shouldn't matter.
Joseph Andolina is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family