JVC HD100 and Avid Liquid at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Avid Editing Family
All flavors of Media Composer, Symphony and more.

Old December 6th, 2006, 09:20 PM   #1
Major Player

JVC HD100 and Avid Liquid

I know Liquid supports the HD100 in 24P, but was curious as to whether or not you needed the liquid pro setup? Mind you, I want to be able to directly import the .m2t's captured to my firestore. While I wait for Xpress/Composer support, I might want a Windows editing solutions and this seems like a good option.
Steve Benner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2006, 11:31 PM   #2
Trustee

Hi,

You do not need the ProBOB (unless you are dumping to BetaSP) to work with ProHD. The sofware only version will allow you to do everything over 1394. You can import m2t's from the firestore or you can just link to the files for editing right off the firestore (for quicker turn around).

have fun,

Steve
Stephen L. Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2006, 11:53 PM   #3
Major Player

I have had the same plan with Liquid since it supports Pro HD fully while Xpress Pro is falling behind FCP, Edius and others. I've slowly grown to like many things about Liquid's output flexibility range and color correction.
Old December 7th, 2006, 10:02 AM   #4
Major Player

I downloaded the 7 Trial, and there is no setting for HDV 720/24P. I tried the 720/23.98P, but when I imported the file, the video was sped up. Not sure what the problem was? Is there a 720/24P HDV setting in 7.1?
Old December 7th, 2006, 10:14 AM   #5
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Benner
I downloaded the 7 Trial, and there is no setting for HDV 720/24P. I tried the 720/23.98P, but when I imported the file, the video was sped up. Not sure what the problem was? Is there a 720/24P HDV setting in 7.1?
Describe what you've tried. Did you try and import a file or did you capture a file? Either way you can right click on the file in your rack area and take a look at it's properties and see what the system is reporting as the frame rate and datarate/codec.

For a ProHD 24fps timeline you must select 720/23.98

You can work directly in FILM if you're a "natural" 24fps (ie film sequence). If it came off a ProHD camera then you're working in 23.98 and you should setup the timeline accordingly.

Also the trial needs the service pack (available from the download area in Avid). Since your in that far into Avids web site you might as well get into the "Goodies" folder and download the free Magic Bullet II filters and the free HFXPro unlock key so you can use these valuable plugs in the interface.
Old December 7th, 2006, 10:29 AM   #6
Major Player

Liquid is saying the clips are 59.94. When importing, the program is not removing the pulldown. Is there something I need to do for this? Again, I am capturing right to the DR-HD100 in .m2t.
Old December 7th, 2006, 10:36 AM   #7
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Benner
Liquid is saying the clips are 59.94. When importing, the program is not removing the pulldown. Is there something I need to do for this? Again, I am capturing right to the DR-HD100 in .m2t.
Did you put service pack 1 on your install?
Old December 7th, 2006, 10:48 AM   #8
Major Player

There are two service packs for Liquid 7.1 but the free one is still only 7. I tried installing the Service pack for 7, but it didn't work.
Old December 7th, 2006, 04:01 PM   #9
Trustee

It must be something simple, Steve. I don't know your experience level with Liquid products but it's probably a setting you're overlooking.

Quite alot of people on the boards have it working so it almost certainly is a slight oversite. Have you looked at my tutorial??
Old December 7th, 2006, 04:42 PM   #10
Major Player

I imagine it will work fine, especially when I get the real version. I was really just concerned with if I need the Pro version or not and I happened to come across the Trial and see for myself. Thanks for all the help though.
Old December 7th, 2006, 05:21 PM   #11
Major Player

Steve,

Maybe Stephen would let you send him one of the short clips (if you have any that small) to see if he runs into the same problem.

Just a thought.
RED ONE #977
Daniel Patton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family