Still no JVC HDV 24p support... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family

Avid Editing Family
All flavors of Media Composer, Symphony and more.

Old April 15th, 2007, 07:50 PM   #1
Major Player

Still no JVC HDV 24p support...

That's it. No Xpress JVC 24p.. FCP 6 won. That's all I have to say about that.

Avid didn't announce anything significant...I'm really disappointed,, but impressed with FCP Studio 2...

Goodbye Avid.....
Old April 15th, 2007, 08:00 PM   #2
Major Player

I saw the press release as well. Utterly pathetic. I just ordered my FCS 2 Upgrade from 1. I am fully converting to Apple. I will not even bother cutting on my Avid anymore. Not even worth it.

Apple owned Avid big time. Finally, no one at Avid can bitch about Media Management thanks to Final Cut Sever, no more better color correcting on Avids thanks to Color, and now we have an Open Timeline WITH FRAME RATES as well, something Avid doesn't even have. YES TO FINAL CUT.
Steve Benner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2007, 08:18 PM   #3
Major Player

Well Steve, I'm with you pal. I'm curious if Avid even saw this coming. If they're sober, then they must realize that they are about to get their butts kicked in this market, if they haven't already. The ProRez codec is going to do wonders for FCP users.

I've added it up and I can get FCP 6, a MACPro, and the Aja I/O HD for only $3,000 more than Media Composer software only. FCP studio 6 with the I/O HD box is basically an Adrenaline, but even more. Adrenaline costs nearly $30k with the HD card. So, I won't upgrade my Xpress to Media Composer but will move to Apple FCP over the next few months. There is way to 0much bang for the buck to ignore. Plus, I don't have to deal with future Vista crap, or viruses, or dll errors, or fatal exceptions or....

Cheers.
Old April 15th, 2007, 11:05 PM   #4
Major Player

Mojo and AXP dongle for sale...cheap! Oh heck, I will throw in a colour keyed Apple keyboard too...
Old April 19th, 2007, 02:01 PM   #5
Major Player

Did anyone actually stop by the Avid booth and ask about 24 Frame HDV editing at all? Curious to see if anyone had ANY insight at all.

It is not just us JVC's users that are pissed, since the Canon and Sony cams aren't accepted at 24 Frames either.
Old May 13th, 2007, 02:47 AM   #6
Trustee

In the way of background, I had a problem installing Xpress Pro. Avid was AMAZINGLY helpful. (I know that probably sounds weird, but I was blown away!) The rep even called me from the NAB to be sure everything was going okay, gave me access to protected parts of Avid's website... I was beyond impressed.

Anyway, what I was told is that JVC HDV 24P and 24F support will be part of the next release. If this is really going to happen (only b/c it's been promised so many times in the past) IDK.

But in all honesty, my experience was fantastic with Avid. And the install problem wasn't even their fault.
Peter Moretti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2007, 09:55 PM   #7
Major Player

When is the next release?

What would be the best choice for a person using a Canon XH A1?

Sorry i'm alittle new to film editing.

Thanks.
Terry lee
Terry Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2007, 09:12 AM   #8
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Lee View Post
When is the next release?

What would be the best choice for a person using a Canon XH A1?

Sorry i'm alittle new to film editing.

Thanks.
Terry lee
Final Cut Studio 2. Avid hates your camera since it is HDV 24. DO NOT get AVID unless you are interested in Liquid.
Old June 5th, 2007, 04:15 PM   #9
Major Player

So does Liquid support 24p in HDV? Or are there ups and downs to using Liquid?
Terry Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2007, 05:52 PM   #10
Trustee

Liquid does 24p for the JVC. It does native M2V, so the rendering that some other NLEs do to edit is unnecessary. But it may not do 24p for Canon. It will do 24f.

http://www.avid.com/exchange/forums/thread/230478.aspx

edit - A down is that it does require a beefer PC. Dual cores and a higher end ATI gamer graphics card with 256MB of memory are HDV requirements...

/I have a Sony HC7, so do not do 24 fps (and it is not my cup of tea as I do event and sports video)
George Ellis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family