Uncompressed footage on DVD? in Avid Liquid 7.2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Avid Editing Family
All flavors of Media Composer, Symphony and more.

Old June 20th, 2007, 08:51 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Uncompressed footage on DVD? in Avid Liquid 7.2

One of my clients is asking me to videotape his wedding ceremony, ~ 1 hour and to give him the " raw" footage uncompressed on DVD ? (so he could do the editing himself) ....i'll shoot in SD with my JVC GY-HD100 ......
I use Avid Liquid 7.2 and need advice how to do this ?

I really appreciate your help.
Todd Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2007, 12:07 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Lots of DVD's!!

I have Liquid 7.2 also, so what I would do is import all your video from the camcorder (miniDV tapes) and put it on your time line and then fuse parts of it so each fused piece is about 4 gig in size (18-19 minutes worth). Then burn each fused AVI to a DVD as a data file using Nero or some other burning utility. You should end up with about 3-4 DVD's.

Then your customer will have to just import the AVI's.

Hope this helps.

Make sure you charge for your work, your giving him the ability to make his own wedding video and not get it from you!

Jeff

PS and by the way, it will not be uncompressed as it is on DV tape which is a compressed format.
Old June 20th, 2007, 12:16 PM   #3
Trustee

When you Export to Fuse, your fuse should include audio if possible and not reimport as options. I think it is a seperate option, but you may need to create it. I have done so many iterations, I forget what the defaults are.
George Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2007, 02:34 PM   #4
Trustee

You can skip the fuse and just start doing a drag and drop of the AVI files into the folder for your DVD burning application. When the disk gets close to full, burn it and then start the next one. This will give your client the real raw footage that is cut where it was supposed to be cut and not a bunch of shots all lumped into one file that they will need to cut up. If you go slightly over just take out the last clip you dragged over and use it on the next disk. This will save you a lot of time by not having to use Liquid to group the shots and fuse. In a sense you would be doing a very very very rough edit which you are not getting paid for.

If this was a single shot for a long period of time then you will have to chop it up in Liquid.

Note: I usually use Scenalyzer Live to capture my video and in the program you can set it to capture the video in 4GB chunks even if the tape keeps rolling as a single shot. The 4GB chunks are seemless and can be lined up again in a NLE with no dropped or missing frames at all. This feature would work great for this situation since the files would be just small enough to fit on a DVD.
Thomas Smet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2007, 04:45 AM   #5
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Evans View Post
One of my clients is asking me to videotape his wedding ceremony, ~ 1 hour and to give him the " raw" footage uncompressed on DVD ? (so he could do the editing himself) ....i'll shoot in SD with my JVC GY-HD100 ......
I use Avid Liquid 7.2 and need advice how to do this ?

I really appreciate your help.
If the client is asking for the raw footage then you need to give him/her the source tape.

S.
Stephen L. Noe is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family