Breaking Bad at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old March 6th, 2008, 02:26 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Breaking Bad

I'm surprised I don't see one for Breaking Bad yet. This show is amazingly good, and it gets better with every episode. If it keeps up at this pace, it might surpass Dexter as my favorite show. I love Dexter, but this show is something special.
Sean Skube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2008, 03:12 PM   #2
Major Player

I really like Breaking Bad... but Dexter is kinda hard to top. =D

C
Old April 11th, 2008, 02:51 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I caught a random episode during the middle of the season and had to go back and watch from the beginning. It's one of the few shows on TV that I would really look forward to.
Cannon Pearson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2019, 07:12 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Re: Breaking Bad

Here we are some 11 years later, BB concluded production long ago and yet it lives on.

In Sydney right now Fox is running it again for the umpteenth time.

I know people who can quote some of the dialogue, I’m one of them.

The DVD set of the series is worth buying. The added features are great, the cast sit and watch each episode playing, they comment on its production and tell stories about it. It was originally set in LA but Sony discovered New Mexico was offering great tax advantages to film and tv productions. What a break for producer Vince Gilligan, the picturesque desert scenery around Albuquerque really adds to it.

BB is in the Guinness Book of Records as the most highly rated TV show of all time.

Cheers.
Old August 30th, 2019, 09:21 PM   #5
Major Player

There's gotta be a catch to the 'highest rated' part, either most views, hours seen (streamed) or something. Mash, Cheers, Seinfeld had to be tops during their live/first run. Maybe wiorldwide though.

I just read where the movie, a sequel taking place after, is coming out in November.

I agree about the desert scenes, made it better as did the 'meth scene' of NM. Just seemed more desperate. This show was interesting for me, I'd wanted to watch it, but didn't give it much of a chance. Then binged it around 2013 but switched jobs literally halfway thru, and just couldn't pick it back up until around 2016. One of the few shows I've 'binged'.
David Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2019, 03:48 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Some great stories and info on the DVDs.

El Camino, the car Jessie crashed through the gates ending the series.

Here’s a new link with a clip ...

https://www.esquire.com/entertainmen...jesse-pinkman/

Cheers.
Old August 31st, 2019, 09:01 AM   #7
Obstreperous Rex

Many people whose opinions I trust have told me it's excellent.

And yet, I've never seen a single episode and I'm not sure that I ever will.

The subject matter is a problem for me, sorry. I guess it's not for everybody.

But I appreciate the fact that a lot of folks think it's brilliant.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2019, 11:19 AM   #8
Slash Rules!

I like dark stuff.

I like the show, respect the show, don’t quite love it as much as pop culture tells me to. The stuff that makes it legendary in my opinion is all the crazy stuff, Walt’s descent etc. I don’t think people are thinking of all the slower scenes involving Skyler’s job, Hank’s recovery, crumbling marriage etc. I’m a low attention span guy and slower paced scenes like those (goes for any other show or movie too) make me antsy...I’m waitin for the next engaging twist or plot turn. The slow stuff may be important but what can I say, I am what I am.

That all said I will probably check out the movie.
Josh Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2019, 08:31 PM   #9
Inner Circle

And I think all the major networks shared your position Chris. Vince Gilligan made the pilot on a shoe string, shopped it around and AMC was the only one to take it on.

The story of a family man with incurable cancer desperate to leave money for his family after he dies is the basic storyline, and probably got the first audiences watching it and staying with it while the excellent cast got the show established.

I think ‘alliteration’ is one of its successful ingredients, the title Breaking Bad. Then the main character, Walter White. A double whammy.

Look at others, Pablo Picasso, Marilyn Monroe, Linda Lovelace, all successful in their respective fields.

Cheers.
Old September 1st, 2019, 01:51 AM   #10
Major Player

I think we all remember the scene, when Walt tossed a pizza on the top of "his house".
I later read, that fans, visiting Albuquerque wanted to copy that action.
The people living in that house had to build a fence around the house, to prevent these multiple tries.
Jo Ouwejan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2019, 03:43 AM   #11
Slash Rules!

I know of people being idiots about that but honestly dont remember the scene. Just like I dont really remember “I’M the one who knocks!”
Josh Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2019, 06:17 AM   #12
Major Player

Have been on the spot to buy myself a Pollo Hermanos T-shirt several times.
Jo Ouwejan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2019, 05:22 AM   #13
Trustee

If anyone is a BB fan this interview with Vince Gilligan is well worth a listen and watch.

https://www.abc.net.au/local/videos/...05/3997738.htm

Chris Young
Sydney
Christopher Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2019, 06:23 PM   #14
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Bass View Post
I know of people being idiots about that but honestly dont remember the scene. Just like I dont really remember “I’M the one who knocks!”
Funny, it's literally about halfway thru the series. I know this because that is the exact episode where I would essentially tell people I bailed out for a time while binging. (Switched jobs & worktimes and couldn't get back into a rythym for a year or two).

I think it's around when his wifes getting suspicious, thinking he's having an affair. Did they have a pool installed or something? Anyway, year he's coming home with a pizza and I forget the exact reason, but he throws a pizza box onto his homes roof & the episode either ends with that scene or goes to commercial. Looks like clips are on Youtube.

Chris Hurd it's not about meth or drug use so much, more the business side of it, kinda like the Soprano's is more than about the mafia. However, I get it if it's not your thing. It's kinda like when people say Walking Dead isn't just about zombies or Game Of Thrones isn't about castles & dragons so someone watches 1 episode and thinks, yes it is.
David Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2019, 07:08 PM   #15
Slash Rules!

Let us not forget much of BB is about watching a fairly regular guy become more and more depraved basically for lulz

Game of Thrones is kind of two shows...the political intrigue stuff and the more fantasy stuff.
Josh Bass is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark