Be Cool, anyone see it? how was it? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old March 9th, 2005, 12:04 AM   #1
Trustee

Be Cool, anyone see it? how was it?

i haven't seen it. after my ear infection goes away i'll definitely catch it. whaddya'll think of it?
Old March 9th, 2005, 09:12 AM   #2
Trustee

I haven't seen it, but everyone around me who has is telling me it's a typical hollywood sequel, where they do all the same gags over again, with nods to the original, and just rehashing the same stuff.

Based on that I refuse to shell out the money to support the hollywood sequel/adaptation/comic movie habit. It'll only make them keep doing it. Vote with your dollars!
Imran Zaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2005, 03:33 PM   #3
Trustee

yeah it's a rental4me. get shorty was a bit quirky, though. i saw it on video too but i was pleasantly surprised =).
Old March 9th, 2005, 03:42 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I saw it last night

I saw Be Cool last night, and even though I didn't really have high expectations it still managed to disappoint me. It was alot less funny then I thought it would be. It also seemed to me that the cast (and probably crew) had so much fun the first time with eachother they just wanted to work together and have fun again... which is great for them but it's almost like an inside joke that I'm not part of to me. And the dance between Uma and John Travolta was pretty lame, because it was not as cool as Pulp Fiction yet it didn't stray enough not to remind me of it. Oh well. I'd say definitely rental, it was cheap movie night (is that just a Canadian thing?) and it was still barely worth my money as far as entertainment goes.
Mitchell Stookey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2005, 04:39 PM   #5
Trustee

Oh I loved Get Shorty, don't get me wrong. I thought it was unfairly in the shadow of Pulp Fiction back when it came out in theaters, and was overlooked by many. I've always enjoyed it, and recently rewatched it on DVD and enjoyed it again.

Sequel shmequel though.
Imran Zaidi is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark