DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Awake In The Dark (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/awake-dark/)
-   -   The Movie Quote Game (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/awake-dark/49322-movie-quote-game.html)

Sean Gillane October 31st, 2006 03:03 AM

Bubba Ho-Tep?

Jonathan Jones October 31st, 2006 10:21 AM

Right on, Sean.

Your turn.

-Jon

Sean Gillane November 3rd, 2006 01:21 AM

"So I looked in my concordance, and I found out that Paul used the word THEREFORE over 119 times in his writings!"

THEREFORE being somewhat of a clue. Good luck.

Hints upon request.

Andy Graham November 3rd, 2006 08:13 PM

I request a hint.

Sean Gillane November 4th, 2006 12:42 PM

the film is from 1981.

it's a documentary.

Sean Gillane November 7th, 2006 01:57 AM

Ok, ok. So maybe it's a little more obscure than I thought... I pass the game along to the next willing quoter.

Chris Colin Swanson November 7th, 2006 02:48 AM

you can't just pass it along without telling us the name of the documentary! That would be evil!

Jonathan Jones November 7th, 2006 12:33 PM

Well, Sean, curiosity got the best of me....so I cheated. Yes, this one is pretty obscure, and it probably would have taken some time to get the answer (without cheating).

Your quote comes fromt the film "Vernon, Florida". I've never seen it, nor had I heard of it, but after reading up on it this morning, I just might buy it, as it might prove a handy inspiration I will be working on next spring.

As far as the game, I would suggest that you are still at bat and should have another go.

Here's the windup....and the pitch.

You're on.
-Jon

Sean Gillane November 7th, 2006 03:19 PM

Yeah, that's correct. I'd definitely suggest checking it out if you haven't seen it.

Here's a new one:

"That weapon will replace your tongue. You will learn to speak through it. And your poetry will now be written with blood."

Good Luck!

-Sean G-

Michael Rowe December 23rd, 2006 12:01 AM

Thought I'd try resurrecting this game with an answer: Dead Man

Barry Gribble December 23rd, 2006 09:56 PM

Not sure if Sean is still around so I checked... Dead man is correct. Your turn :).

Michael Rowe December 29th, 2006 05:43 PM

"It's not about winning or losing. It's not even about how we play the game. It's that we play the game."

Jonathan Jones December 30th, 2006 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Rowe
"It's not about winning or losing. It's not even about how we play the game. It's that we play the game."

Just a shot in the dark on this one:

Hoosiers.

that's my guess.

-Jon

Fletcher Kasmer December 30th, 2006 08:42 PM

hmm, i dont think so, the big hoosiers quote was:

"If you put your effort and concentration into playing to your potential, to be the best that you can be, I don't care what the scoreboard says. At the end of the game, in my book, we're gonna be winners."

this one is too corny, almost fake, i'd put it in something like BASEketball or dodgeball, exept i know it wasnt in either of those... how about "bad news bears"

Sean Gillane December 31st, 2006 02:30 AM

Sorry about not checking back for an answer. I did for awhile and then thought everyone had given up. But yeah, Dead Man!