Big Waves in Fiji at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old June 9th, 2012, 12:23 AM   #1
Major Player

Big Waves in Fiji

Epic day 6/7/12:

Day Three Highlights / Volcom Fiji Pro 2012 - YouTube
Bill Thesken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2012, 07:10 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Big Waves in Fiji

Thanks for sharing, but for me, this is salt in the wounds.

I had booked flights six months in advance to be in Fiji for the Volcom comp. few weeks beforehand I had a whole string of wedding bookings come in for that week and decided it would be a better busines decision to take the weddings bookings and can the Fiji trip.

As it turns out this swell appeared on the weather charts a few days later and I missed an opportunity to shoot possibly the best big-wave session of all time. I'm pretty bummed with myself but learned a valuable lesson: Sometimes you've got to follow your heart and your gut feeling, rather than your head. Yes, it's a business decision and yes, you need to make money. But you also need to think about why you got into the business in the first place - and for me that reason is so that I can shoot once-in-a-decade moments like the recent swell in Fiji.
John Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2012, 05:13 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: Big Waves in Fiji

Bill,
Not bad!... :)

Al
Alan Melville is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark