Skyfall is a great Bond movie! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old December 23rd, 2012, 02:45 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: Skyfall is a great Bond movie!

Just saw Skyfall. 50yrs! phew not bad for a series. But it looked to me like about 70% of the audience in the theatre had never seen a Bond Film.

That's how I think the producers approached Skyfall, that James Bond is still a knock 'em down, blow 'em up, drag 'em out money making vehicle
and they want that to continue.

And it works, Daniel Craig is far removed from Shaun Connery, but the makers manage to keep the Bond persona with action, style, sly looks
and clever lines. Craig is more athletic than Connery or any of his successors and I'd say none could attempt the stuff he gets away with,
but that goes with the newest territory.

They played homage to the early Bonds with John Barrys famous theme playing with the famous Aston Martin, but it gets destroyed in style (I cringed),
as does Maggie Denches M character, hey it's a new 007 era.

The sound is well made, the bottom end reproduced better than ever, especially the Abbey Road orchestral stuff.

The cast do a good job, pity they killed Javier Bardim off, he could be back.

At 2hrs 20mins I think it's about 15mins too long, some slow scenes dragged a bit, but Skyfall will make its costs back + enough to keep the backers happy. 8/10.

Cheers.
Old December 25th, 2012, 10:09 PM   #17
Trustee

I've heard MGM had money issues and the movie was delayed by over a year, so maybe it's not a bad thing they've chosen business over nostalgia.

Bond for me was unique (the old ones still are). Today's Bond is too similar to Mission Impossible or the Bourne series...he's become 'just another agent.'

Where's the guy who used to say stuff like: “There is something I’d like you to get off your chest”?
Old December 26th, 2012, 04:45 PM   #18
Regular Crew

I think Austin Powers killed him.
Joe Piechura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2012, 10:27 PM   #19
Trustee

Oh, behave! +1

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark