YouTube: Off the Tracks - Abridged Final Cut Pro X Documentary at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old August 17th, 2019, 11:30 PM   #1
Equal Opportunity Offender

YouTube: Off the Tracks - Abridged Final Cut Pro X Documentary

I've still got no intention of moving to FCPX, but it was still a very interesting watch if you have the time.

Andrew

Andrew Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2019, 11:43 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: YouTube: Off the Tracks - Abridged Final Cut Pro X Documentary

Had a quick look but life's too short, more so if you're 76 like me!

(Happy with FCPX though am I)

Ron
Ronald Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2019, 04:34 AM   #3
Equal Opportunity Offender

I should confess at this point: I watched it in halves, probably a week or so apart. Quietly glad it's not the full version.

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2019, 12:56 PM   #4
Trustee

Andrew - thanks for posting this. Great to re-visit the past and the video covered a lot that I hadn’t known or seen. Included a number of interviews of those who had youtube training videos that I used.

It brought back a lot of memories from when I got my first digital cam, a JVC HD7. Back then I was editing in iMovie and started running out of creative capabilities and wanted to up my game. Researched editing programs and was settling on FCP7 when FCPX came out (okay, FCP X). Finding FCP7 disks to buy on-line started to become more difficult so the door was closing.

Oh, what a furor! It wouldn’t work, terrible, doesn’t do [insert tool], etc. But for $299 there were enough positive comments that I went and got it. Initially there was the usual big transition with learning a new application but in the long run it was a good move as I didn’t have to re-learn a whole lot. As the updates came there have been some speed bumps but the capability is greatly enhanced.

Add Motion and capabilities increase up to what the studios have done. Just recently I was taking screen grabs of opening titles of a major “Hollywood” movie in order to do something like that with Motion and plunk it into a video I was working on.

At ~ 41:00, addressing students, they said that “ making video is part of your job …” and that was a good thought.

Liked the opening of the video with the emails. Great idea.
John Nantz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark