my "24" plan - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old May 9th, 2006, 11:01 PM   #16
Major Player

Copy the Blasted Thing!

O.K., it looks like they've fumbled the ball again, with that incriminating audio recording. Has anyone else wondered why the deuce they haven't just re-recorded it when they've had it and spread backup copies around?
J. Stephen McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2006, 04:28 AM   #17
Outer Circle

It wasn't in the script?
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2006, 10:10 AM   #18
Air China Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Stephen McDonald
O.K., it looks like they've fumbled the ball again, with that incriminating audio recording. Has anyone else wondered why the deuce they haven't just re-recorded it when they've had it and spread backup copies around?
You may as well ask what is this magical digital signaturing was that Chloe was going to put on the audio recording.
Old May 10th, 2006, 11:08 AM   #19
Trustee

warning-some of this is spoiler alert if you haven't seen it yet.

I understand that Sutherland has signed on for 3 more seasons, which gives me conflicted feelings. I love the series and am excited that it will continue on for a while... (It is only 1 of 2 shows I watch regularly - There is so much crap and misery on television that I don't even watch the news anymore, so 24 gives me a nice condensed dose of anguish, turmoil, and misery in less than 1 hour and I can get on with my week)....but I am mystified at the producers ability to keep up the momentum of such an intense show - and I hope that at the end of the run, fans are not 24'd out, making the series go out with a whimper.

This has been among the best of the seasons IMO (partly due to impressive acting among the presidential staff) and maybe even slightly more realistic scenarios than a couple of the previous seasons. However, once you get past the implausibility that every address within the greater LA area is within an 8 minute drive of CTU, (Let's not forget that LA traffic is a 24/7 phenomena) it's always fun to enjoy the ride towards the cliffhanger of each episode.

The one gripe I have about this season is that there just seems like too many threads of bad guys....while I understand it serves as a vehicle to keep the momentum going as they slowly reveal the chain of command, it makes it very difficult to wrap my mind around the fact this one 24-hour period reaches all the way back to the beginning of the season, when I can vaguely remember the scenes involving Jack's floater job, Cloe's rescue, the assassin capture, the airport scene, the Russian treaty, or even that Sean Astin has both taken and lost command of CTU all within the last 'day'. Some of this feels like it was a previous seaon by this time.

Perhaps it is because I am watching it week-by-week as opposed to all at once. I remember that I missed the first 2 weeks of season 3, so I just avoided that whole season, and waited a year to watch it on rented DVD's, which resulted in watching the whole season in 5 nights....at least that felt like a much more realistic pace.

As a side note: My wife stopped watching 24 after season 2 because she couldn't deal with the anxiety, and hasn't seen it since...I respect that, however, the local company she works for has had an interesting (but subtle) product placement in the show over the last 2 episodes, so she has been watching it again because the way the scenes have been formulated, it makes it appear that the product may provide an interesting although subliminal impact on the scene - so she is once again watching 24, sitting on pins and needles. Just a few episodes left before it all plays out.
-Jon
Old May 10th, 2006, 11:41 AM   #20
RED Code Chef

I like the current season but I agree that the whole recording thing is getting
absurd. They could've easily played it back over a phone and recorded it on
the other end like 10 times already. They always have these tools to transfer
whatever they request to the other side instantly. This just feels like dragging
the story out to fill the 24 episodes....

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2006, 02:53 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Have you heard about the doco. that the Keifer's in?? Follows his favorite indie band as he helps them out and acts as their tour manager.

Yeah, I know ya think I'm joking, here's the scoop:

http://tinyurl.com/g9q9u

Or just google the phrase "I trust you to kill me"
Michael Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2006, 04:12 PM   #22
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Wakeham
I don't know if you should say that too loud, the mpaa might try and get you and bring up the whole recording stuff with VCR's all over again or their digital counterparts now.
I seriously doubt that the crooks^H^H^H^H fine folks at the MPAA would be successful at suing somebody for recording a TV show that is licensed in their area for later personal use. I believe that falls sqarely in the area of fair use.
Mike Wham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2006, 09:52 AM   #23
Air China Pilot

Apparently the bad fictional President tonight is being preempted 20 minutes so that the real President can make some stupid speech.
Old May 15th, 2006, 05:25 PM   #24
Major Player

It won't be over till then? Bush can't even talk that long. Sounds like a media feeding frenzy after the speech.....

I hope your wrong
Bob Zimmerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2006, 05:55 PM   #25
Air China Pilot

From Fox's 24 website:

Quote:
WARNING!
Because of the President's speech on Monday, May 15th the start times for 24 in certain time zones will be affected.
Take note for your taping schedules. 24 will be shown in its entirety:

Eastern - Approx. 9:20pm
Central - Approx. 8:20pm
Mountain - 8:00pm
Pacific - 9:00pm
So us westerners can successfully miss the very important Bush episode and continue setting our PVRs for Jack Bauer.

And everything was good.
Old May 15th, 2006, 07:04 PM   #26
Outer Circle

Thanks, Keith.

There are only 2 episides left!
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2006, 07:41 PM   #27
Major Player

Thanks for helping us avert a possible disaster. I'll have to punch in the following hour on the DVR, just to be safe.
J. Stephen McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2006, 01:20 PM   #28
RED Code Chef

Go Martha... go Martha ;)

p.s. you'll only understand that if you saw the latest episode

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2006, 01:45 PM   #29
Regular Crew

24 is now on iTunes
Yoochul Chong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2006, 07:58 PM   #30
Outer Circle

Martha's drug withdrawal happened in like, half an hour? Now she's clean?
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark