Superman Returns: Your Verdict - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old August 17th, 2006, 05:40 AM   #16
Trustee

You're all too old this film. Ask your kids if they liked it. I remember the audience in my small theater broke out into laughter when a brat asked, "Dad, where's his mask?"
Emre Safak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2006, 01:02 PM   #17
Regular Crew

The Kryptonite was formed "after" the planet Krypton exploded, hence why no one was dying left and right before the explosion.

The film lacked texture (skin, sets, etc.) - although some of the shots are very gorgeous - so, I'm not able to say it looked better than film would have. I think the main reason for using HD on a film of this nature is the ability to do cleaner Fx/CGI.

The script clearly was sub-par, but I think the acting was a little better than the script. I think Brandon Routh could have done more if he was allowed to, but Lois was flat, unconvincing and really did nothing to distinguish herself as anything more than a prop.

I'm not even sure I want to see a sequel, although WB is saying they are happy with the performance of the film and are aiming for 2009. This particular franchise isn't appealing to me and WB's happiness seems more spin than truth to me.

K.
Krystian Ramlogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2006, 12:14 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Does anyone know what song they used 1 minute and 53 seconds into the international superman trailer? this is a link to the trailer so u can hear the song. http://pdl.warnerbros.com/wbol/uk/mo..._tlrf3_500.wmv
Alan James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2006, 10:40 AM   #19
Major Player

I am embarrassed to admit that I had thought Glenn Ford died years ago. In fact--twice before.
What a great counter paternal figure he was to Marlon Brando in Superman. I never read Superman or Superboy comics so I wonder if the filmmakers had an advantage in that the characters of Ma and Pa Kent were so vague in the pre 78 comics that they were easily able to make them more dimensional--plus fanboy ire didnt exist back then.

On the oversees audience factor, maybe this helps to explain why script quality is diminishing. If the bulk of overseas revenue is coming from non english speaking countries, perhaps the audiences there watching dubbed versions either get better dialogue from improvised dubbing sessions, or their expectations from a hollywood movie are big special effects and pretty faces(though I am not saying that isnt what domestic audience expect too, but bad dialogue can be more distracting for them)?

I dont want to generalize, but I get creeped out to know that there were old men in the mountains of India who were fans of Titanic.
Kelly Goden is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark