DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Awake In The Dark (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/awake-dark/)
-   -   Transformers news! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/awake-dark/73924-transformers-news.html)

Heath McKnight August 19th, 2006 08:53 PM

Transformers news!

I've been collecting Transformers (live action) movie news here:

http://www.invincibleironman.com/for...pic.php?t=2845

And here's some pix, plus which characters are appearing in the film:

http://www.invincibleironman.com/for...pic.php?t=3005

heath

Joe Carney August 19th, 2006 09:03 PM

Heath, I had no idea you were into Iron Man. Way cool. You must know Jim Jannard is the real life version with the upcoming Red Camera.
Cool.

Heath McKnight August 19th, 2006 09:32 PM

Yeah, Jim is like Tony Stark! I'm so into Iron Man, I have a tattoo on my right forearm! Visit my myspace page to see it:

www.myspace.com/heathninja

My office has tons of Iron Man statues, figures, etc. My wife thinks it's cool AND she bought me the tattoo 2.5 years ago for my birthday when we were just dating.

hwm

Joe Carney August 20th, 2006 12:01 PM

Growing up, he was my favorite Marvel character. Much more complex and 'real' than the others, at least to me. I should have used Google more often to check out fan sites.

Tim Goldman August 20th, 2006 12:45 PM

Why is a 20 years old show being made into a movie yet again? I saw transformers the movie in theraters back when ever that was, I don't need to see another version...ever (no orsonw ells...no good).

And my second question is...who won civil war, iron man or cap'n america?

Heath McKnight August 20th, 2006 12:48 PM

No idea, but I went to check it out at the comic shop (first time in a year that I'd been to one) and was turned off by the art, writing and more. Marvel's become pretty lame; their books are political rants, have pages with tons of panels with boring exposition and they run in 6-part cycles in case they're collected into Trade Paperbacks (TPB).

heath

Kelly Goden August 23rd, 2006 09:38 PM

1986! I saw it in a theater too. Seemed like a big deal after watching the cartoon regularly--but the soundtrack was awful. They dumped Gi Joe the movie onto tv. It helped that Marvel was behind the development of those shows.

They dont know what they are doing by cutting Soundwave from the lineup.

Tim Goldman August 24th, 2006 04:22 AM

WHAT!!!! NO SOUNDWAVE!!!!! THIS IS NOT RIGHT! soundwave is a corner stone of the Decepticons, nih and the two little guys, the wolf and that bird guy, man, thoese tapes dudes rocked!

I already thought the movie was going to suck, but now i know it will blow chunks!

Who's next on the chopping block....Jazz...Side swipe....StarScream..or you!!!

Steven Davis August 24th, 2006 05:57 AM

Man, I hope Ben Aflack doesn't get this superhero role either. i.e. The Iron Man movie.

Tim Goldman August 24th, 2006 06:26 AM

you know, that's the worst news i hurd all morning. Ben afflik in any movie is bad enough, he was a horrible dare devil (yes, the script was pretty bad to), he'll be a horrible iron man, not that i'm a huge iron man fan or anything, but i did once have a childhood, now it seems that reality is out to destroy it. Whas next..nicholas cage as ghost rid...oh never mind

Steven Davis August 24th, 2006 06:47 AM

Tim, I haven't heard anything about Ben being in the movie, but you know how Hollywood is, if they feel like the storyline isn't up to snuff, they'll try and lay the success on the star power. Just look at the Mission Impossible series, it was all about the 'teeth' power. :}

And Ghost Rider was my favorite superhero growing up, Nicholas Cage was my favorite.............my favorite........fav................I'll get back to you.

Tim Goldman August 24th, 2006 07:38 AM

yeah true, but ben isn't a star. He;s at best a has been, or all washed up, same for jennifer lopez. Anyway, there is talk of a fantastic four part deux (2). Suposly it has silver surfer in it (the most powerful super hero anywhere).
Still, the first one was just terrible, maybe the second one will be just ok.

Steven Davis August 24th, 2006 07:49 AM

My 3 cents is that every time Hollywood thinks they can reinvent the wheel with super hero movies, they just screw up. Stick to what works and stop trying to gum up the worx. The 'soap opera' X-men was just terrible, give it a rest, we wanna see things blow up, not who's DATING WHO!. Well, I feel better.

K. Forman August 24th, 2006 07:52 AM

Tim- It isn't a rumor, there will be a FF sequel, Rise of the Silver Surfer. It will also feature Galactus. As far as the Transformers, some of the preliminary pictures of the robots are awesome. You should see Bumblebee standing over the prop builder! www.comics2film.com is where I go for all the news and updates for comics movies.

Heath McKnight August 24th, 2006 08:38 AM

Don't worry about Affleck in Iron Man--right now, it looks like Terrence Howard may join the cast as Rhodey (awesome).

heath