"Brick" at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old November 5th, 2006, 03:05 AM   #1
Regular Crew

"Brick"

Has anyone seen this film, what did you think? Definately Dashiell Hammett inspired as the director acknowledges. I crave to see The Maltese Flacon again now. I was really surprised by this film. The suspense and tension of this mystery were really timed well. It was weird seeing a "Noir" film where the scenes were modern yet the script was throw back to older days.
I can't say I didn't have criticisms but I really liked it. Some of the little things they filmed and some of the shots made me really appreciate the art.
Chris Colin Swanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2006, 03:49 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I loved Brick, it was a fantastic trip. It just goes to show what you can do with a good script, with even a low budget. I heard it was around $500,000 USD. and was shot in 15 days.
Jipsi Kinnear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2006, 06:53 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I thought it was good. There was another thread about it on here a while back...
Justin Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2006, 01:44 PM   #4
Regular Crew

opps I guess this was a redundant post then. I did a search for brick and didn't get any results. sorry about that
Chris Colin Swanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2006, 03:24 AM   #5
Regular Crew

This was the thread if you are interested in reading what some others thought of it Brick
Justin Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2006, 02:53 PM   #6
New Boot

Well, since that thread's 4 pages back, I'll say it here:

I loved that movie. One of my favorites of all time. It's so different, and in such a cool style. I mean, the whole concept is awesome, as was the implementation.

And I still have to say, the fight in the parking lot was one of the best movie-fights I've ever seen.

So good.
Ian Hubert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2006, 07:40 AM   #7
Inner Circle

As much as I liked it, I think it would have been better if it didn't have such self conscious, affected dialog. They could have accomplished the same thing and been a little more subtle about it.
Marco Leavitt is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark