Worst Horror Films? - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old June 7th, 2007, 01:23 PM   #46
Major Player

Not With My Daughter

Sally Fields crying in extreme close up ... I was in therapy for years
Victor Kellar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2007, 08:51 PM   #47
Major Player

Howling 2: Your Sister is A Werewolf
Kelly Goden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2007, 11:04 PM   #48
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Goden View Post
Howling 2: Your Sister is A Werewolf
Amen...that thing stunk on ice.

-Jon
Old September 25th, 2007, 08:12 AM   #49
Major Player

In no particular order

The St Francesville Experiment
Blair Witch 2 : Book of Shadows
An American Haunting (Did anyone notice the "Unexplained Mysteries" style shots from the ghosts point of view? Terrible!)
The Descent
The Cave
Ring 2
The Grudge
Skeleton Key
The Last Broadcast
Mimic
The Reaping
Darcula 2000 (or 3000, cant remember but it was sh*te)
Ghosts of Mars (WTF!?)
All Halloween and Friday 13th films
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Hills have eyes (remake)
House of wax
Jeepers creepers (both of 'em)
The Lawnmower man

I really could go on but I'm getting depressed listing these things. Horror films worth watching are few and far between these days.
Dave Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2007, 07:06 PM   #50
Major Player

Shark Attack 3: Megalodon.

Just trust me.
Matthew Nayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2007, 11:25 PM   #51
Trustee

Almost every single horror movie revolving around a creature, particularly those based on real animals.

Exceptions:

Jaws (only the first one)
Alien and Aliens

It's much easier to list the few exceptions since there will probably be more crappy horror movies released on the Sci-Fi channel this week alone than those three. Heck, just the Sci-Fi original snake movies outnumber the good horror movies with creatures.

Hasn't anyone been watching the news and nature shows the past 40 years? Animals are NOT SCARY compared to human beings. They deserve sympathy more than fear.

Probably the only exceptions I will make in the future will be those based on real animal attacks like those from tigers in India or Lions in Africa. I doubt many of those will be made.
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2007, 12:57 AM   #52
Major Player

dude? Did I see Texas Chainsaw Massacre in that list? You're crazy! ha ha. Maybe you mean the remake? The original was amazing.

Of course it's all subjective (what scares us) as well as depends on who we watch the movies, our mood, setting, etc...

I also thought that The Descent was one of the best horror films I've seen in awhile.
Josh Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2007, 03:22 AM   #53
Major Player

All the Halloween films????????????

Halloween!???????!

I havent seen the Hills Have Eyes original--I liked the remake though I wasnt in fear from it.

Creature movies..hmmm I am trying to think of a creature movie other than Alien and Jaws that might make the scary good list....

King Kong? Doesnt seem scary now but in 1933...they must have been scared by gorillas back then since every old dark house and mad scientist lab had a gorilla in it

Agreed on animal attack movies though--a sociopath with a knife behind a door is a lot scarier than a gorilla holding a banana

Grizzly!

Frogs! (I thought it was kind of creepy though, but it didnt take itself too seriously).

Day of the Animals

Piranha(on second thought I thought that was pretty good)

Cujo

Link

The standard bearer for the worst is still Howling 2: you're sister is a werewolf.

There simply was no excuse for it. Christopher Lee, what were you thinking.

Extreme low budget movies you expect to be bad, not ones that should be riding the success of a higher budget and successful original.

But then again, ultra cheap Vampires_vs_Zombies has one of the lowest scores in the IMDB. Death threat to the filmmakers kind of reviews.
I met the guy who made it. He was very nice and enthusiastic in an Ed Wood sort of way.

Last edited by Kelly Goden; September 27th, 2007 at 04:37 AM.
Old September 28th, 2007, 12:00 AM   #54
Major Player

I think alot of these films mentioned some hate and some love but generaly well made.

One horror film I think anyone would agree is total crap is Cradle of Fear, the band Cradle of Filth decided to make one (very original film title)..and the production is crap, the story is non existent and no story telling of any sort.. just a really horroible film.. excuse the pun. Reason I dislike this is because its the first film I sat watching thinking what a waste of time it is and wanted my $3 back from the video store :P
Peter Szilveszter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2007, 01:21 AM   #55
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Robinson View Post
In no particular order

The St Francesville Experiment
Blair Witch 2 : Book of Shadows
An American Haunting (Did anyone notice the "Unexplained Mysteries" style shots from the ghosts point of view? Terrible!)
The Descent
The Cave
Ring 2
The Grudge
Skeleton Key
The Last Broadcast
Mimic
The Reaping
Darcula 2000 (or 3000, cant remember but it was sh*te)
Ghosts of Mars (WTF!?)
All Halloween and Friday 13th films
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Hills have eyes (remake)
House of wax
Jeepers creepers (both of 'em)
The Lawnmower man

I really could go on but I'm getting depressed listing these things. Horror films worth watching are few and far between these days.
Yeah there are some bad ones in there, but I'll have to disagree with Halloween and TCM. One question though, why 'The Last Broadcast' and not the first Blair Witch?
Keith Kline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2007, 07:50 PM   #56
Regular Crew

Saw III and Jeepers Creepers, both shocking.
Old October 10th, 2007, 05:54 AM   #57
Major Player

With regards to Halloween, TCM etc... In my opinion there is nothing scary about a dude coming at you with a knife/chainsaw/banana, just chin, him kick the **** out of him and move on.

It's not scary.

Also I meant the originals and remakes, they're almost comical. Oh and the original TCM, the protagonists were that damn annoying I was kinda chuffed when they got wasted!

In my opinion a horror film should not give you the creeps, or make you jump, it should absolutely terrify you. Only then can it be considered a real horror film.

Also with regards to The Last Broadcast instead of the Blair Witch Project. I think it was simply a case of which had more class about it. For me the Last Broadcast was an interesting idea, but poorly executed, where as the Blair Witch Project took that idea and made something that worked on many more levels. I'm having trouble explaining what I mean but I guess what I'm trying to say is that generally the Last Broadcast was the rough uncut version of the Blair Witch Project. Also at the end of TLB where it goes into a narrative form that was just a very bad idea!
Old October 10th, 2007, 05:58 AM   #58
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Goden View Post
a sociopath with a knife behind a door is a lot scarier than a gorilla holding a banana
I disagree, we don't know how gorillas think or what their motives are. Where as a sociopath, is just a human. We know how humans work and what drives them, even sociopaths. Plus, can you imagine having a physical fight with a sociopath? Kick him in the knackers and punch him as hard as possible in the throat, jobs a good un. Same situation with a gorilla? Run like ****!

Last edited by Dave Robinson; October 10th, 2007 at 07:33 AM.
Old October 10th, 2007, 01:50 PM   #59
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Robinson View Post
Plus, can you imagine having a physical fight with a sociopath? Kick him in the knackers and punch him as hard as possible in the throat, jobs a good un. Same situation with a gorilla? Run like ****!
**lol well I was thinking in movie terms. Those old horror movies where you had a gorilla living in abandoned houses and creeping up on people. Ok maybe it was scary once but not these days.

Plus a sociopath can have heightened strength. Plus a gorilla may rip you from limb from limb but you never know what a human might do. Could decide to torture you or lots of other things.

Substitute a gorilla for Michael Myers and see how far Halloween would have gone before the gorilla would have been swinging off in a tree!
Old October 10th, 2007, 03:57 PM   #60
Regular Crew

I feel like people should contribute their idea of a great horror movie as well, so we have a basis for comparison. For instance, if someone says The Shining was terrible, but their idea of the best horror movie is The Wicker Man remake, well..... nuff said. :)

"Ahhh no, not the bees! Their in my eyes! My EYES!!!! AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!"

I laughed so hard at the Wicker Man remake that I got myself a copy. It's hilariously bad!

oh, and since I said we should put our idea of a great horror movie, The Descent is probably the most recent film to have me cringing and gripping my armrest. Nothing like good ol' claustrophobia and darkness.
Sean Skube is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark