Using AE to manage RAW files at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > BlackMagic Cinema Camera

BlackMagic Cinema Camera
EF & MFT lens mount / 2.5K CinemaDNG RAW

Old May 16th, 2013, 10:03 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Using AE to manage RAW files

I found a post that suggested using After Effects to mage the RAW files. Import the RAW files to AE and export as a lossless composition. Seems AE plays with the RAW files much better that Premier. The idea sounds great and it seems it will work. My issue is... The instructions said "click on the RAW file in AE". Well, with RAW there are MANY stills that make up the footage. I realize that AE will work by me selecting the first frame/still of the sequence and AE will apply all changes to all the remaining still files in that folder that make up the sequence. My problem is when I am importing the DNG files to AE I get a preview for each frame. That's a lot of previews! Is there some other way to get these DNG files into AE without previewing each DNG file on it's way into AE? If I can figure out this point, this seems to be a very simple way to manage the files. I'll do my color correct in Premier.
Old May 20th, 2013, 04:16 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Using AE to manage RAW files

When you select ALL the .dngs
after a beat, a checkbox will appear for Raw footage
select it and then you will apply for all and put in timeline as footage

J

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > BlackMagic Cinema Camera