BMCC crop factor at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > BlackMagic Cinema Camera

BlackMagic Cinema Camera
EF & MFT lens mount / 2.5K CinemaDNG RAW

Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:15 PM   #1
Major Player

BMCC crop factor

Is there a crop factor for lenses on the BMCC and what is it? New game now with the BMCC selling for $2000. :-) I need to understand how to choose EF and MFT lenses for this BMCC.

Alex
Alex Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2013, 01:03 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: BMCC crop factor

Thru Google, I just found a site saying the BMCC has a crop factor of 2.4. Yikes. The GH3 with a 2 crop factor had me worried. Sigh. Always something wrong with every camera. lol

Alex
Old August 2nd, 2013, 01:07 PM   #3
Inner Circle

It also depends for what you will be using the bmc, it's not suited for any kind of work, I wouldn't even think on using it at a wedding (as a solo shooter)
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2013, 01:37 PM   #4
Major Player

I don't do weddings. I did one wedding as a favor when I was in my 20's. I think there is more work in doing divorces these days. LOL :-) I do high end stuff. TV network shows, movies, ads, docs. Now, mostly docs. Small, light weight, low light is what I seek. The low selling price today got my interest. I can appreciate RAW, 12 bit, 13 stops, 422, though.

Alex
Old August 2nd, 2013, 01:46 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Quote:
I do high end stuff
Well, me too :) I only wanted to say that the bmc is no run and gun camera, if you have time to set it up, then great and it looks your type of videowork will allow that. Workflow, if you shoot raw looks very cumbersome to me, especially if you have a short delivery schedule, you need lots of harddrive space for sure. The low price of the camera does look tempting but for my paid jobs I couldn't use it, for use in my personal projects I would say yes but I think I would just a s well use a gh3 which would be easier to handle.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2013, 01:59 PM   #6
Major Player

Noa,

I hear ya. I also want to make some very nice movies. I have written a few that are sitting on the shelf waiting for big daddy bucks or an angel, to arrive so I can do what I truly love. I had the money from my successful video production company during the late 80's and 90's, but thanks to two ex wives (gold diggers) I can't afford anything these days. :-) Hmm, sounds like another good movie to write and shoot.

I have always had the taste to buy and get the best. I still have that in me, but the bank is now empty. :-)

Akex
Alex Anderson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > BlackMagic Cinema Camera