DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > BlackMagic Cinema Camera
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

BlackMagic Cinema Camera
EF & MFT lens mount / 2.5K CinemaDNG RAW

Old March 3rd, 2014, 02:04 PM   #1
Regular Crew

BMPC vs. Super 16 Film

I was looking at some of the BMPC test footage shot with 45 year old Angeniuex lenses. It was pretty sweet footage and I thought about an experiment of doing a shoot with a BMPC and an Eclair ACL, swapping the same lens back and forth. Shoot something like two actors exchanging dialogue where you cut back and forth, mixing up long,medium and wide shots with both cameras. I would like to see how closely the colorist could match the two mediums and see how seamlessly they could be blended. We've seen Hollywood mix film and digital back and forth, but its usually cut between very different shots, day scenes' vs. night scenes and slow motion shots where film is still preferred, but not in something within the same location sequence.
How would you approach such a project and what would you use to blend the two mediums? Could you fool the film "purists" ?
Marty Hamrick is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > BlackMagic Cinema Camera