DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > BlackMagic Cinema Camera
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

BlackMagic Cinema Camera
EF & MFT lens mount / 2.5K CinemaDNG RAW

Old March 22nd, 2014, 05:42 PM   #1
Major Player

Loving the BMPCC

I got my BMPCC last week along with a Panny 14mm. I bought it to use with a figrig mounted on a 3-axis gimbal.

While waiting for the gimbal I have been testing the BMPCC including taking out into a nearby forest.

I love this camera! The footage looks fantastic and easily holds it's own against my EX1 and FS100. Probably even better! Amazing really considering the size of this cam.

The dynamic range is fantastic (check out the mine shots in the clip) and I like how it exposes to the highlights. I can then tweak from there.

I didn't find it hard to focus though I have ordered a Hoodman shade to make it easier outside. I found myself lifting up the exposure so I could see the screen better, composing and focussing, then exposure last.

I'm actually thinking about selling my fs100 and building a set up around the BMPCC or one of its big brothers. Possibly both!

Here's a few shots from yesterday. I shot in ProRes at 25p and graded with Film Convert iplugin in Vegas. That plugin has an awesome preset for the blackmagic cams.

So far so good!
Jamie Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2014, 05:58 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Re: Loving the BMPCC

Thanks so much for sharing this, Jamie, much appreciated. I really like your choice of music as well. On a personal note, the biggest reward that DV Info Net has given to me is the opportunity to see what creative people are doing on the other side of the planet. It never ceases to amaze me, to look at clips like yours and realize that they come from the other side of the world -- which apparently is not that big at all. Thanks again for posting this.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2014, 06:51 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Chris! Its great to have a place to share the excitement of new gear with like minded others.

Cheers
Old March 28th, 2014, 02:13 AM   #4
New Boot

Great info Chris. My BMPCC is on its way. Do you really feel the BMPCC is better than your FS100? Are you able to cut footage from the two together seamlessly (without a lot of color grading) in a multi-cam setup?
Vineet Radhakrishnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2014, 05:57 AM   #5
Major Player

Easily be able to use this alongside the fs100. Though I think I'm going to sell the FS100 and buy the 2.5k version as well
Old March 28th, 2014, 06:29 AM   #6
New Boot

Thanks Jamie for confirming. Sorry I mixed you up with Chris in the post above :-).

Yes, that sounds like the most logical option and something I'd be looking to do myself in the future.
Vineet Radhakrishnan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > BlackMagic Cinema Camera