DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > BlackMagic Cinema Camera
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

BlackMagic Cinema Camera
EF & MFT lens mount / 2.5K CinemaDNG RAW

Old May 8th, 2014, 08:43 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Good Lens for BMCC

I just picked up a Canon EF-S 15 - 85. Works nicely on the BMCC. Seems adequately wide and tele is good enough for anything I'm likely to shoot. I haven't seen many people talking about this lens but so far I'm pretty happy with it. Works with Iris control. I have a variable density ND filter on the lens and the combination is easy to use outdoors even in Tucson. Now if only I could see the viewfinder without using the dark cloth from my large format camera...
Jim Andrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2014, 10:39 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: Good Lens for BMCC

Hey Jim,
I have one of those for my 7d. Love the range. Too bad the iris ramps from 3.5 to 5.6. It would be great to see some footage form the Blackmagic. I have been trying to convince Canon to make an improved version.
Daniel Epstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2014, 12:21 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Jim: Get an antiglare sheet of film that is available for things like IPads, and that will help glare back in bright shooting situations. For critical focus situations I use a DIY set up shown here at about 3:00

Old May 22nd, 2014, 10:51 AM   #4
Regular Crew

The Sigma 18-35mm 1.8 is awesome. Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Lens for Canon 210-101 B&H Photo I have the 2.5k EF mount and I had a bunch of EF lenses I hoped I could use. Technically they do fit the mount, but with the crop factor of the BMCC 2.5k, they proved unusable except in very specific situations, extreme close-ups, etc. The Sigma 18-35mm pretty much takes care of that concern. If Metabones ever comes out with an EF to EF Speedbooster to open up that circle even more, then Bob's your uncle. But getting a lens that's appropriate to this particular sensor is one of the most important decisions you'll make.
Casey Danielson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2014, 12:56 AM   #5
New Boot

There is a video on YouTube about a guy who gets BMCC or RED in the mail. And in the comments section he is asked what mount did he get. He replies the Nikon because Canon doesn't make it's lenses anymore and one more thing. If I find that video again I'll post it.

If I go 4k like I hope to in two years I'm going Nikon because of what he said.
Michael Rangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2014, 10:42 AM   #6
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Rangel View Post
There is a video on YouTube about a guy ...
I'm going Nikon because of what he said.
please don't make any desicions in your life based on some guy saying some BS on youtube
Old July 7th, 2014, 08:52 PM   #7
Inner Circle

I think he was being sarcastic.
Jim Andrada is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > BlackMagic Cinema Camera