Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle: what laptop? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > BlackMagic Design HyperDeck Shuttle
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old August 30th, 2012, 08:29 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle: what laptop?

Hello Vendors,

Has anyone figured it out yet which, if any, laptop would work with the Intensity Shuttle? There is a lot of conflicting info and no definitive answers.

Does the system requirement apply to any capture with this device or does it only apply for capturing full resolution HD?

Practically in my case - I only need to capture good ole' standard definition (480i60) and 720P24 or720P30.

Would a good but not out of this world (say up to $1.5K) laptop with USB 3.0 work with the Shuttle with these lower requirements?

Thanks,
Old August 31st, 2012, 05:58 PM   #2
New Boot

Re: Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle: what laptop?

Ervin
I don't know about HD but I am using it with a video mixing software as a capture input for SD. I am using it on a Lenovo W520. It has two usb 3 ports but I am told you can only use one of the intensity cards because of the bandwidth it uses.
Greg Hogland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 06:48 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle: what laptop?

Works fine with the MSI GT70 laptop. Esata, USB 3 connections and slots for 2 internal drives give you decent I/O bandwidth.
Oren Arieli is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > BlackMagic Design HyperDeck Shuttle