Hyperdeck Shuttle 2 29.97p on F3?? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > BlackMagic Design HyperDeck Shuttle

Old February 22nd, 2013, 08:09 PM   #1
Major Player

Hyperdeck Shuttle 2 29.97p on F3??

I just got the Hyperdeck Shuttle 2 for my Sony F3 and when I record 1920x1080 29.97p to the ssd the file in Adobe Premiere cs6 is showing it as 29.97i interlaced is anyone able to get the 29.97p or is there something else I need to do
Rudy Wilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2013, 09:52 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Hyperdeck Shuttle 2 29.97p on F3??

Most professional cameras output Progressive material such as 30p with a pulldown method to simulate 60i for monitor input. 24p is the same it just uses a different pulldown method.

Unfortunately I don't think the Hyperdeck Shuttle 2 offers a way to remove the pulldown effect.
Which means that you are stuck with a less than ideal way with handling the material with your editor.

I believe that some recorders will remove pulldown for you so that you do not have to deal with the conversion in your editing program.
Bob Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2013, 08:00 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: Hyperdeck Shuttle 2 29.97p on F3??

I found what to do with the 29.97i(wrapped psf) apparently Premiere Pro is missing the psf workflow so I found an article that explained I need to manually interpret footage to progressive.
Rudy Wilms is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > BlackMagic Design HyperDeck Shuttle