Blu ray authoring with Encore at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Blu-Ray Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old April 24th, 2008, 02:13 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Blu ray authoring with Encore

I was having trouble with Encore crashing while burning BD-RE, or even when there were no errors, the disk would not play in the PS3.

I have Nero 8, and have now starting saving the iso image in Encore and burning it to disk with Nero. Using Nero it seems to burn faster with less errors.

Has anyone else had better luck with Encore doing the burning, or is it generally better to save the iso file to disk?
David Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2008, 01:46 PM   #2
New Boot

David:

From what I have gathered on the forum here is that Encore uses the BDMV Blu-ray authoring structure and PS3 cannot play BDMV from DVD5/9 media.

I have just begun to do my research on what burner to buy and what to expect from it. At this stage of it all it remains concerning.
Old July 15th, 2008, 03:27 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Encore does make nice Blu-Ray discs (if you're lucky enough to burn error-free). I've also read that creating an image file and using another image burning program can be less error-prone.

There's no reason why your BD-RE shouldn't play on your PS3. Have you downloaded the latest PS3 firmware update?
Drew Mandac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2008, 03:37 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Adobe Encore DVD, Nero Burning ROM workflow

David,

I haven't yet tried burning a BD, but I have always had trouble with Adobe Encore burning DVDs. It's an excellent program and I do all of my authoring there. But when it's time to burn, I create the disc image in Encore DVD and then burn the image to DVD in Nero. As it sounds like this is what you're doing, have you found any instance in which this workflow will not work for BD?
Old July 15th, 2008, 10:04 PM   #5
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Sands View Post
...and PS3 cannot play BDMV from DVD5/9 media.
Yes it can, just not with menus. It will autoplay when the disk is inserted, plays mpeg2 with dolby 5.1 multi channel sound, with chapters and FF/FR.

To do that, you need the freeware program TSMuxer. It's a fantastic utility for authoring Blu-ray on DVD5/9 media (on the PC).
Tom Roper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2008, 10:53 PM   #6
Inner Circle

I have successfully burn BD-R and BD-RE using Encore directly. I don't have a BluRay player nor PS3. My client told me he will be playing the BluRay disc with PS3. He didn't call me as there are no trouble for him to view that BD-R.

Also, I start buring the ISO image from Encore and use ImgBurn to burn to BD-R. Works better because I don't have to use Encore to burn the BD which takes longer time for the prep work.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Blu-Ray Authoring