Blu-Ray authoring workflow (from EX1 footage) - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Blu-Ray Authoring

Old June 2nd, 2008, 09:29 PM   #31
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Joslin View Post
Steve is right. The only way to go from FCP to Blu-Ray is via compressor and Encore. Encore is the only BR option that does full BR discs. I have not been able to get one to work with PS3 though.

I've used Vegas which burns a BR right from the timeline but without any menus. But these work on most any BR player including PS3.

And then there's Cyberlink and Roxio which I have yet to produce a working BR.

There may be other options as well but Compressor to Encore seems to work well.
BUT Vegas comes with DVDArchitect which burns the whole enchilada.
Mike Stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2008, 04:47 AM   #32
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Stevens View Post
BUT Vegas comes with DVDArchitect which burns the whole enchilada.
Yes, in the "near future" ... So far, there is no BluRay in DVDA.
Old June 3rd, 2008, 04:45 PM   #33
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Joslin View Post
Steve is right. The only way to go from FCP to Blu-Ray is via compressor and Encore. Encore is the only BR option that does full BR discs. I have not been able to get one to work with PS3 though.

I've used Vegas which burns a BR right from the timeline but without any menus. But these work on most any BR player including PS3.

And then there's Cyberlink and Roxio which I have yet to produce a working BR.

There may be other options as well but Compressor to Encore seems to work well.
I have done over 20 blu-ray projects with Roxio - DVDit Pro HD - have produced very nice workable (PS3 and Sony BDPS-1) discs - they have just introduced a new build (6.4). The program will produce a volume (BDMV + Certificate) in approx 40 minutes ( 2 hour video at 1920 x 1080, with 4 movies and 5 menus with motion background and motion thumbnail chapters).
Barry J. Weckesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2008, 06:46 PM   #34
Trustee

The latest version of TSMuxeR (V1.8.4.88) is free, and does Blu-ray (BDMV) authoring onto standard DVD5/9 media.

No menus yet, but it has subtitles and custom chapters.

I burned a XDCAM-EX, 35 mbps VBR 1920x1080 24p collaboration with 5.1 Dolby surround onto a 35 cent disk.

I'm starting to have fun now...
Tom Roper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2008, 09:31 AM   #35
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Roper View Post
The latest version of TSMuxeR (V1.8.4.88) is free, and does Blu-ray (BDMV) authoring onto standard DVD5/9 media.

No menus yet, but it has subtitles and custom chapters.

I burned a XDCAM-EX, 35 mbps VBR 1920x1080 24p collaboration with 5.1 Dolby surround onto a 35 cent disk.

I'm starting to have fun now...
How can someone play the HD-files from a standard DVD player ?
Impossible, I guess...

Then: Can you play these HD-files from a standard DVD disc, if you put them in a BlueRay consumer player ?
Impossible, I guess...

Then, what is left over:
Can you play it from a computer ?
Yes, if you have the correct software, I guess...

Then - result is: You can only play the HD content from a standard DVD on your own set-up practically... (because of the above mentioned compatibility problems.... I guess)

Many "guess",...
Can someone explain the reality ?

I am trying to find out, how to author BlueRay HD-video from my EX1, so that everybody with a consumer BlueRay player can watch my HD-content on their LCD-TV (or Plasma) using the HDMI inputs...

I only know about using Adobe Encore, but never saw some tips and tricks or any other remarks from own experience. Knowing most of the Adobe bugs (especially when editing in Premiere), I am not convinced that latest Encore can really author BlueRay in a stable way...
I don't want to try 5 times after having a first usable disk (at disk prices of 10Euro/each)

any comments for a Windows-based workflow ???

Ulli
Ulli Grunow is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Blu-Ray Authoring