Recommendation for a good place to buy a BD burner at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Blu-Ray Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old December 16th, 2008, 12:19 PM   #1
Trustee

Recommendation for a good place to buy a BD burner

I need to get an LG or Pioneer BD burner right away and I've checked the DVi sponsors. B&H prices are over the moon (unusual for them) and Zotz is on the other side of the country and their price is a little high for the Pioneer.

I'm seeing prices from US$260 to $300 at the online retailers where I've located the units. For some reason I recall reports of the LG being under $200 a little over a month ago. Do I recollect correctly or am I dreaming?

Any suggestions?
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2008, 08:30 AM   #2
Major Player

I just bought the LG from Newegg.com/ It's arriving tomorrow / Happy Christmas to me! :)
Robert Bobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2008, 06:06 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I received my LG (GGW-H20L) from Newegg a couple of days ago. Just a warning - the included BD-RE has failed for many people that purchased the drive. It had me going around in circles thinking I had a bad drive, configuration, etc. until I found out via a search. I spent $15 on a Riteck BD-RE and all is well now.
Old December 23rd, 2008, 06:41 PM   #4
Major Player

Thanks for the heads up (I had to look up what a BD-RE is: Blu-Ray Disc Rewritable)

My LG Blu-ray burner just arrived!
Old December 23rd, 2008, 11:05 PM   #5
Trustee

I had to go to Massachusetts today so I grabbed one at Circuit City in Manchester. With shipping, the price from New Egg would have been the same. The joys of no sales tax in NH. I'll install it tomorrow.

Funny... mine didn't have an included BD-RE. I already got one, and a spindle of BD-R disks from B&H so I'm hoping for good things tomorrow. If you never hear from me again, you'll know that Father Christmas didn't bring what I wanted.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2008, 07:18 AM   #6
Major Player

Yikes ! I just checked out how much blank BluRay discs cost!!!

I see now why it's important to have a BD-RE disc to work out the kinks on -

them's some expensive coasters!!!
Old December 27th, 2008, 07:40 AM   #7
Sponsor: Electronic Mailbox

we've got some nice bundles that includ the Pioneer BDR-202 and a six pack of blank media (5 x BD-r, 1x BD-RE)

Videoguys Pioneer BDR-202 Blu-ray Disc/DVD/CD Writer

Gary

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Blu-Ray Authoring