BD-R media cheap at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Blu-Ray Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old August 5th, 2009, 03:20 PM   #1
Major Player

BD-R media cheap

I just saw this at new egg and wanted to share. What a great deal! I just ordered a spindle. If you have heard bad things about these discs let me know.

Newegg.com - RiDATA 25GB 4X BD-R 25 Packs Cake Box Disc - CD / DVD Media
Chad Whelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2009, 12:05 AM   #2
Inner Circle

I thought mine was cheap but yours is indeed less than $3 a disc. Good find..

Amazon.com: Memorex 32020013358 25GB 4X Write-Once BD-R Blu-ray Discs (15pk Spindle): Electronics

My only concern the is the quality of Ridata media.
Old August 7th, 2009, 12:19 AM   #3
Major Player

I have a friend who has been using nothing but ri data for the last 4 years for regular dvd burns and no problems. Hope the same holds for blu-ray. Personally I have been burning pro discs forever and no problems either.
Chad Whelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2009, 12:25 AM   #4
Inner Circle

I used to use only Ridata for DVDs. But now TY watersheild DVD is the way to go. Nothing beats it's printout on it.

Ridata DVD-DL is also very disappointing. many coasters or the final DVD won't play in DVD players. now I go with Verbatim for DVD-DL movies.

The Memorex I had.. burned 3 BD so far. They are all good =)
Old August 7th, 2009, 12:48 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taky Cheung View Post
I used to use only Ridata for DVDs. But now TY watersheild DVD is the way to go. Nothing beats it's printout on it.

Ridata DVD-DL is also very disappointing. many coasters or the final DVD won't play in DVD players. now I go with Verbatim for DVD-DL movies.

The Memorex I had.. burned 3 BD so far. They are all good =)
Chad, 25GB Blu_rays have been cheap a long time. People just haven't noticed. Last I checked the ones I usually get are $2.65 in 15 pack spindles. BR is cheaper than mini-DV now.
Old August 12th, 2009, 08:10 AM   #6
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Whelan View Post
I have a friend who has been using nothing but ri data for the last 4 years for regular dvd burns and no problems. Hope the same holds for blu-ray. Personally I have been burning pro discs forever and no problems either.
Ridata used to be the gold-standard in CD-R and DVD-R. Now-a-days they seem to be coasting on that reputation and have been turning out some less than spectacular products.
Chris Davis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Blu-Ray Authoring