New 12x Blu-ray Burner from Pioneer at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Blu-Ray Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old October 3rd, 2009, 10:12 PM   #1
Major Player

New 12x Blu-ray Burner from Pioneer

Well, my back-up DVD burner bit the dust so I decided to go ahead and replace it with a Pioneer BDR 203 deck. $200 for an 8x BD burner that can do dual layer too, "what a great deal!" I was thinking and then I followed a link over the the VideoGuys website and lo and behold Pioneer will be releasing a 12x burner in a couple weeks for only about $20 more.

Videoguys.com - Pioneer BDR-205 12x Blu-ray Disc/DVD/CD Writer

Ouch! Not only could I have gotten a better drive, most likely when this comes out, the 203 price point will come down. This stuff moves so fast it is so hard to stay on top but I feel like I really dropped the ball on this one...don't you just hate it when that happens...
Old October 4th, 2009, 02:19 PM   #2
Sponsor: Electronic Mailbox

We hope to get in our first BDR205s around Oct 25th. US supply of BDR-203 drives is drying up fast. We have sold out, but we may be getting in one last shot of about 10 units.

Gary
Old October 19th, 2009, 06:01 PM   #3
Trustee

Is there an external version, so it can be shared by different computers (one at a time, of course)?
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2009, 08:29 PM   #4
Major Player

I haven't seen an external version yet, but Video Guys does have a bundle that ships with an external enclosure that is a USB & eSata connection. Not sure if USB would slow it down or not though, so probably should stick to eSATA...

Videoguys.com - Pioneer BDR-205 Mega Bundle with Media and External USB Enclosure

Hope that is helpful.

Last edited by Bryan Daugherty; October 20th, 2009 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Clarification
Bryan Daugherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2009, 11:59 PM   #5
Major Player

now all we need is blanks capable of burning at that speed
Old October 20th, 2009, 07:40 AM   #6
Trustee

Thanks, Bryan. I see it uses eSATA, so it should be just as fast as the internal version.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Blu-Ray Authoring