Encore disappears at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Blu-Ray Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old January 12th, 2010, 04:29 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Encore disappears

I'm using Encore CS3.

An SD DVD project seems to work OK (not been using it for too long) but when I try a BluRay Project, strange things happen.

I have successfully done 2 bluray projects but had problems loading the encoded file from Prem. Sometimes they loaded, other times not. When they did eventually load, everything was OK.

Now, when I try to load the same encoded file from Prem, either Encore takes forever to load it and finally gives up and is unresponsive, or, it just disappears from the screen altogether.

I thought that the file might be too big (but it loaded into the original project?), so started to split it up into 2min 5min and 10 min sections as a try out. These loaded OK but when I went to load the complete file again, Encore just disappeared.

The files play OK in PowerDVD, so I'm assuming that the files themselves are OK.

Anyone any ideas as I've tried everything I can think of (defrag, delete temp files, empty media cache)

I did notice that when I defragged my "C" drive, the page file was fragmented, would this perhaps cause problems?

Peter
Peter D. Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2010, 12:23 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I'm still having the above problem, can anyone offer any help?

Peter
Old August 19th, 2010, 09:25 PM   #3
Major Player

what files are you feeding Encore

as far as I know, it likes elemementary streams with m2v video at (bitrate around 24000 is good) and ac3 audio at 384 or 256

use closed Gop in m2v and set profile to MP@HL with maximum Gop 15 for Pal or 18 for NTSC

don't feed it a single file with audio/video combined, it would need to demux it and re-encode if not compliant
Old August 21st, 2010, 10:46 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks for the reply Anton.

I'm exporting using the Matrox Media Encoder in Prem Pro CS3.

I've exported the file as a separate video file and audio file at 25mbs. Encore will load the audio file OK but falls over with the video file.

I've tried defragging all my drives but when importing the video file Encore either just disappears off the screen or I get the "not responding" error.

In Task manage the CPU is up to 80% and the Page file uses 1.6gb, if that information helps.

It's like Encore is making a separate file somewhere for the video but then, after about 80%-90% import it just gives up.

Peter
Old August 21st, 2010, 10:29 PM   #5
Trustee

peter...keep your adobe bridge open and then try to open encore or export from premiere. it should work.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 12:06 AM   #6
Major Player

can't you export a DVD compliant m2v and ac3 file, this way Encore will accept without further encoding

if not, consider TmpgEnc 4 Xpress to create the ma2v and ac3
TMPGEnc 4.0 Xpress PAL DVD Elementary Stream Tutorial - TMPG
Old May 1st, 2011, 08:45 PM   #7
New Boot

Re: Encore disappears

hello,
i have cs4 and encore.
all was working great until i asked encore to
creat a bluray disc for me.
I had all my media ready which is the m2v.files and my audio which is .wav.
in encore the menu was set up the files imported and all check done.
finally ask the encore to burn to bluray....
as it imports all files to conclude to bluray- it just dissapears off my PC screen.
no warning, no sign of damage.
I tried empting my cache, cleaning all folders...nothing.
can anyone help.

it not happened before....
Shaun Desouza is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Blu-Ray Authoring