Blu ray authoring question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Blu-Ray Authoring

Old February 8th, 2010, 04:27 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Blu ray authoring question

Ok, I am after some advice on what authoring software I should get for burning blu ray DVD's.

First of all, my specs...
- Footage filmed on Sony Z7 (HDV 1080i50 1440x1080)
- I have Final Cut Pro 7 & Edius 5
- 20" Imac 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB
- Want the ability to create personalised menus (ie. no templates where you can only change a few things, like Toast etc).

I have been researching this for a while now, and whilst most of it has honesty gone over my head, I have ascertained a few key points which I would like some thoughts on:

- In final cut, export file as Apple Pro Res 422 (HQ) 1440x108050i (I know there has been some discussion on the best export file method, for example using compressor, but I've been told this method works well... of course dependant on the authoring software).

- Software that has been suggested to me:
: Avid DVD by Sonic (Costly)
: Adobe Encore
: DVD architect

So my question is exactly that... what is your method for burning HDV footage to blu ray dvd's?

It seems that every product has its own conditions and restrictions so would like to get some thoughts on this from people who have actually done it successfully.

thanks
Glen Mackay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2010, 05:40 AM   #2
Regular Crew

DVDit HD Pro... works well... you should purchase a couple read write blu ray disks...

Then you can work through your production, burn the disk over and over until you are happy
with your work and then burn the production on the standard bluray disk...

For max menu generation you will need to get Encore... but both Encore and DVDit have
menu's for bluray.
Ray Bell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Blu-Ray Authoring