Encore CS5 Blu-ray - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Blu-Ray Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old September 16th, 2011, 11:56 AM   #31
Major Player

Re: Encore CS5 Blu-ray

One other thought. Is there a Buffer in Blu-ray players? My disk played just fine the first 2 times I played it. Then on the 3rd time I got glitches all over the place where the audio would cut cut every couple of seconds and the the video would pause also for a second and then start up again. I could see my external SONY speaker trying to switch back and forth between modes trying to play the audio. As I said above the audio and video played great the first two times I played the BR-R disk. This disk has the Canon 60d footage on it. The other disk I created BR-RE had footage from another digital camera and I don't know if the footage is HD or SD if that would make a difference. I edited all footage in the same timeline in PP.

Thanks,

John Gerard
John Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2011, 01:00 PM   #32
Major Player

I've tried every setting in Compressor without success, and AME can't use AVIs made by FCP. It's confusing because it used to work.

Without a second computer it seems the only reproducible way to burn a Blu-Ray (without Encore re-transcoding it) is to skip Compressor/AME and have Encore transcode it. Either way, Encore will transcode it without giving the user the option to not transcode it. I think it's safe to assume that Adobe will not fix this KNOWN ISSUE since many years have gone by. Since Encore is still the only motion menu (though still unstable in CS5) BR authoring software, we're stuck with the poor quality and long durations of Encore transcodes.
Old October 31st, 2011, 12:28 PM   #33
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Bens View Post
There seems to be a bug in Encore CS5(.1) with H.264 VBR 2 pass. If you transcode with VBR 1 pass Encore will see the file as Transcoded.
(I have not experienced this bug yet)
I take back some of what I stated in this thread last year. H.264 VBR 1-pass encoded via AME does not get recompressed - but VBR 2-pass from AME requires recompression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana Salsbury View Post
Without a second computer it seems the only reproducible way to burn a Blu-Ray (without Encore re-transcoding it) is to skip Compressor/AME and have Encore transcode it. Either way, Encore will transcode it without giving the user the option to not transcode it. I think it's safe to assume that Adobe will not fix this KNOWN ISSUE since many years have gone by. Since Encore is still the only motion menu (though still unstable in CS5) BR authoring software, we're stuck with the poor quality and long durations of Encore transcodes.
The "poor quality and long durations" of Encore transcodes is not due to Encore's encoders themselves; it's due to the multiple transcodes required by most encoders with your given material. And each transcoding level degrades image quality.
Randall Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2011, 12:09 PM   #34
Major Player

Thanks Randall. I think I've tried it, but I will see if I can make it work with those settings.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Blu-Ray Authoring