Encore CS5 vs. Encore CS4? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Blu-Ray Authoring

Old August 5th, 2011, 10:06 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Encore CS5 vs. Encore CS4?

We are planning to produce a series of landscape videos on blu-ray. We want to keep the quality as high as possible. The original material was shot on a Canon XF305 at 1080p and 50 mbs.

Each BD will be 90 minutes and we want it to loop play once we are past the copyright warning and title. We plan on burning to a double layer disc.

We want to know if there are any advantages of Encore CS5 over CS4 for a project like this?

Thanks.
Bob Prichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2011, 06:29 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Encore CS5 vs. Encore CS4?

I personally did not see much difference between the two. However, Encore CS4 locked up the system when I tried to set the project to Blu-ray because it overwrote one of the DLLs with an obsolete version. So, if you do use Encore CS4 on a Windows 7 system, you will need to obtain an updated DLL to fix that bug.

As for the Blu-ray (BD-R) authoring, do remember that the Blu-ray spec limits the maximum video bit rate to 40 Mbps (using the MPEG-2, AVC or VC-1 codec). Also, if your content is really 1080p, the official Blu-ray spec supports that format only with a frame rate of 23.996 / 24 FPS. If your 1080p content is shot at 50 FPS or 59.94 / 60 FPS, you will have to convert it to 1080i or 720p.
Randall Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2011, 02:16 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: Encore CS5 vs. Encore CS4?

In my experience CS5 is more stable, my CS4 crashed often.
Nicholas de Kock is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Blu-Ray Authoring